Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

It'll be around 11:00 on sunday 26/3/06

To be more specific

:D
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

thanks, i couldn't find the times....not that i looked very hard :ph34r:
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
SnorkelMillipede

Post by SnorkelMillipede »

If someone performs on Rove they usually don't get much of an interveiw so i'd rather him just get an interveiw.
Hello I wrote this myself.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

"Sometime next week" is the most specific time we have thus far for Weird Al appearing on The Today Show (probably via satellite) on Nine/NBN/WIN. More details as/if it develops.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Grom @ Sep 23 2006, 03:37 PM wrote: "Sometime next week" is the most specific time we have thus far for Weird Al appearing on The Today Show (probably via satellite) on Nine/NBN/WIN.  More details as/if it develops.
After sending an email and receiving one crappy generic auto-email, Today replied with a real reply, and...well...Al's gonna be on The Today Show tomorrow!
TCN Today Show <[email protected]> @ Sep 26 2006, 05:33PM wrote:
Hello,

Weird Al Yankovic will be on the program tomorrow.

Regards,
TODAY

No specific time, but I suspect from around 7:30 onwards. Still, don't take my word for it and watch tomorrow morning!
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

Grom @ Sep 26 2006, 05:41 PM wrote: ....No specific time, but I suspect from around 7:30 onwards....
The ticker bar at the bottom of the screen suggests he'll be on at around 7:45. Nice guess! :D
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

Short, simple satellite interview. He discussed the new album in brief, focussing on the lead single (with a shot of the Australian release CD+DVD cover), and happened to allude to the fact that he would love to tour Australia again. That has a nice ring to it, if you ask me. ;)

I could post a copy of the Today Show appearance for those who missed it, but I'd need to know where to host it. Are sites like rapidshare allowed to be linked to here?
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

i think so, or put it on youtube

it was weird, the guy [i don't watch 7] said Yankovic the first time, but Yankovic-h the other times...almost like he was told/corrected and then forgot
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

try google video :)
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

KnottyEmily @ Sep 27 2006, 08:14 AM wrote: it was weird, the guy [i don't watch 7] said Yankovic the first time, but Yankovic-h the other times...almost like he was told/corrected and then forgot
It was a different guy that was pronouncing it wrong. I cringed every time he said it, as well as at the Today Show's insistence that the album was called "Straight out of Lynwood".

I'll upload to Youtube for now, since I have an account there.

EDIT: Just messing around with file formats and compression right now. Won't be long....