Al on Australian TV Alerts

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

It seems previous episodes are available: http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/safran/default.htm

Depending how the interview goes and if there's anything worthy of discussion, I nominate we don't make a topic till after the interview finishes.

EDIT MEGA AWESOME UPDATE (sorry...) It seems you can listen live. So all you non-Australians and/or Australians who for some reason can't get near a rado, go to:
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/listen/default.htm
and click one of the links under "Listen Live." and enjoy the goodness. About half an hour till the show starts.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Mystik Tomato @ Nov 19 2006, 08:07 PM wrote: I know it's a little late, but is anyone recording this?

I was gonna, but my mp3 player doesn't get Triple J... <_<
you can listen online if you're at a computer

I'll record it anyway, and put it up on yousendit.com
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Awesome. Thanks guys!

:Y
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Grom @ Nov 19 2006, 08:13 PM wrote: Depending how the interview goes and if there's anything worthy of discussion, I nominate we don't make a topic till after the interview finishes.

I made a topic, just to let people know that they can listen. I don't think the US members frequent this forum
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Maynard

Post by Maynard »

Here's an Australian ABC radio interview I put up this morning, the title is a little bit understated though-

http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/stories/s1793993.htm

You can download the 18 minute interview in mp3.

I also have so Al bits on my website, but it is a PG more than G rated site.

http://www.maynard.com.au

Regards,

M
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Were the song clips added later, or are you just that good? You had every relevent song right there....

That was a very awesome interview, I actually learned stuff :blink:

"I wanted to buy a house, so I wrote Eat It" :P
Maynard

Post by Maynard »

Thankyou,

I've been a huge Al fan since my day's on Community Radio, so I pull out all the stops in the production for an Al interview. Also if you're talking about something, maybe everybody hasn't heard it, or wouldn't mind being reminded of the sounds.

It's also a good sampling of the new album for those that haven't got around to it yet. (fools)

I see the Aust tour has been announced and March will officially be National Yankovic Fever month here. NSW has it's state election as well. Could be the chance Al's been waiting for to get his entire band cabinet posts.

M
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Hello Maynard,

I have got to agree that was an awesome interview too. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Cheers! :Y
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

That was awesome :D I'm listening to it for the second time right now, very well done. :)

So, March? Hmm... that doesn't give me much time to save money... I'm going to Canberra for a month and won't be working in that time, so I'm gonna be a bit low on funds... but I think it's worth sacrificing a few things for the sake of Al :D Hoping Al comes to Perth!
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
supafly
Occasional

Post by supafly »

I was at the show before hand, and was talking to one of the roadies and i said to him how do i get one and after talking to him for about 15 mins he said wait here and ill see what i can do. He came back with 2 passes.