What's the new setlist?
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

See Dave's topic above.
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

QUOTE Australian_Boy, Pookster, Aussie Diamond -- We'll be getting reviews?

I didn't see your respective concerts listed here, so if you want to start a new topic for your reviews, go ahead.

Dave

I dare say the adrenaline rush of the whole Al Live experience will propell me into a frenzied report after my concert on the 15th, so heads up for that. I'll start a new topic for it and link it here when it happens.
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

QUOTE QUOTE oh yeah and in \"a complicated song\" he changed \"moved to alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated\" he changed alabama to tasmania!

Wait, that doesn't fit!

Al made it fit smoothly. That's Al!

Moved to Tas - Mania where that ..

Moved to Al-a - Ba-ma

Line up the T with A, and the M with B, the strong beats.

Everybody sing along!

Carole
Aussie Diamond

Post by Aussie Diamond »

Scottidog wrote :

Is that sort of thing tolerated in Tasmania?

As Tasmania is as most you know an island state off the southern Mainland of Australia. it has been a long standing joke ever since i can remeber that Tasmanias are all inbreds etc etc etc.same as Australians refering to New Zealnders as Sheep shagers and inbreds etc,. I guess anything to take the spotlight off themselves as far as these topics go :huh:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I"M GOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!

*polkas*

Mewrio,

-who is so happy it's scary
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

*polkas down!* YAYYAYYAY! Have a blast, and report back! YAY! I'm happy for ya! :onfire:
Blue Tuxedo Jacket

Post by Blue Tuxedo Jacket »

Tasmania is an incredible place:

It is anthropologically similar to the Galapagoes Islands which allowed the most interesting varieties of species to diversify in line with (and, of course, supporting) the Darwinian Theory of evolution.

The isolation that the human inhabitants of Tasmania expirience leads them to have a very closed circle of mates to choose from. Or at least this is what the Mainlanders choose to tease them about.

I also like to tease Tasmanians about their early government policy which was called the Black Line. The Black Line was an initiative where by all the caucasians swept through the entire island shooting the indigenous Aboriginals, or driving them off cliffs to their deaths. They managed to kill every last one of them in this process.

A trophy of the skeleton of the last living Tasmanian Aboriginal hangs in a glass box in the Hobart Museum. Quite a laugh, eh?

Nice history we got here in Australia. Though how different it is to any other country, I don't know.

But that's quite off the topic of in-breds. Sorry. :)
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Hope Al won't be bitten by Tasmanian Devil! (or what's the creature's name...) :nervous:

SEVA.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE Hope Al won't be bitten by Tasmanian Devil! (or what's the creature's name...) :nervous:  

SEVA.

Yup, that's the name. Let's hope he isn't bitten either by the real animal or by the Loony Tunes version. Those Toon bites can take a long time to heal. :nervous: