sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

Where do i sign..? :lol:
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

:lol:

I need to get the email addys of the record labels first, then write out a letter and it'll be on the net by the middle of the week. I promise you!
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
SwissAlFan
Occasional

Post by SwissAlFan »

in switzerland it was released on sept. 29, thats the album info from the shop i ordered most of my ALbums......

if you can't have it in your country don't you order it from somewhre else? i ordered sol from amazon us......

jeannine
AL Team #3340
Jeannine Z.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

Well, yeah, but official releases in your home country increases the chances for a tour there. Plus, it'd be nice to go to the shops and see the albums, knowing you can buy them there and then. I don't even get to have a real receipt saying "Straight Outta ---" (depending where you shop) on it!

:lol: Sorry, I'm kinda over-zealous about it.
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

The Lilac Pilgrim @ Oct 11 2006, 06:20 PM wrote: Well, yeah, but official releases in your home country increases the chances for a tour there. Plus, it'd be nice to go to the shops and see the albums, knowing you can buy them there and then. I don't even get to have a real receipt saying "Straight Outta ---" (depending where you shop) on it!

:lol: Sorry, I'm kinda over-zealous about it.
PLUS amazon keep postponing the 'release date' - its apparently not released until the 16th of october now! JUST SEND ME THE CD!!!!! *breathes* :rolleyes:

Chris moyles has been playing some of his songs from the cd though! He plays the polka most days! Its so cool :lol:
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

To date, "Straight Outta Lynwood" has been released in the U.S., Canada and Australia. It will also be released on Oct. 6 in New Zealand, Oct. 30 in Norway and Finland, Oct. 30 in Italy (digital release only), Nov. 1 in Sweden, and on Nov. 24 in Germany and Austria.

A-ha, so Russia is still an Empire of Evil, or a Third World Country, whatever... <_< Oh well, at least Finland! Very close from my hometown. Anyway, NOW polka will REALLY rule the world! Yay!!! :D

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Seva @ Oct 12 2006, 09:36 AM wrote:
A-ha, so Russia is still an Empire of Evil, or a Third World Country, whatever...
...or just a country where many people don't speak English as well as you do.

I can understand Finland. My sister was there this summer and she said she had no trouble getting around Helsinki because so many people knew English.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

The Lilac Pilgrim @ Oct 11 2006, 06:20 PM wrote: I don't even get to have a real receipt saying "Straight Outta ---" (depending where you shop) on it!
I can scan mine for you to print out :D
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Thanks OE! :D

-and don'cha think I'm very happy of American CDs spreading all over the world, since I'm highly against the world-wide releasing of what they call "American culture". (The typical representative of this sick teenage would-be-cool but ne'er-do-well cultural surrogate for me is Akon's "Lonely", I recall Czech kids in the train listening to it for about 18 times, no kidding! - making people around them extremely nervous.) But in relation to Al, this is a whole other issue. Now Europeans are tempted to try out the REAL American cultural references, and I see them go straight to dictionaries while listening. 8)

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
giant_frying_pan
Occasional

Post by giant_frying_pan »

sarahhh @ Oct 11 2006, 09:13 PM wrote: Chris moyles has been playing some of his songs from the cd though! He plays the polka most days! Its so cool :lol:
Heh, back when Chris was still on the afternoon slot, he successfully lobbied to have Chocolate Salty Balls (the Chef song from South Park) released as a single here. I think it was the Christmas number two single that year :o

giant_frying_pan