Al on Rove Live

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Message to non-aussies: If the interview is any good, should I upload it?

Of course, the only problem with that is I'd need someone to provide some webspace for it.

Message from non-aussie: Yes. Sorry, I personally don't have any webspace, but I bet you can find a volunteer around here.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Even if it's a lousy interview we want to see it. I don't know if my webspace will handle it. Perhaps PM WHiZZi and see if the WOWAY server could host it? I don't know if that's even possible.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Yep, SD, that's possible. Or at least if it isn't, we must all be imagining this forum exists.

Scary, 'ain't it?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Hahahah, that was awesome! Al was wearing the same shirt as the Al-TV Eminem interview and his Today Show appearance and some pants (sorry, ladies!).

Let's see...Al was introduced with a snippet of LAS and then he ran out on stage and gave Rove a big hug and wrapped a leg around him while doing so, then plonked down on the couch and took a big handful of Rove's M&Ms he keeps on the table. Then they talked about his career and school life and stuff, then came the question about asking permission for parodies (which Rove called "taking the piss") and Al replied that "in America, we call it 'extracting the urine from.' " And gave the answer about it being a legal grey area and gave the whole Eminem story. Rove then asked about Coolio and stuff, then asked about the concert and what we should expect in it. Al replied he thinks there's 3 more costume changes that a Cher concert and that was about where it was wrapped up.

Clips from Eat It and Fat were shown while they were talking, mainly about Michael Jackson's twice-given permission. And the audience found the the clips funny, even if they were grossed out by the beating heart part from LAS.

I'm sure the other Aussies can fill in the details.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

And the audience found the the clips funny, even if they were grossed out by the beating heart part from LAS.

If that grossed 'em out, then let's hope Al really has cut out the knife gag, so to speak, from the concert.

And wait 'til they hear P@TLC. :nervous:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Al replied he thinks there's 3 more costume changes that a Cher concert and that was about where it was wrapped up.
I think you are mistaken Grom; Al said there's three more costume changes than the last tour, and it's a lot like a Celine Dion concert, only that it's intentionally funny.:lol:

Yeah, it's just a pity he didn't name-and-shame Prince for denying permission thrice. (OE, help me out with that)

Oh yeah, they played the Fat video on the ad, and they played Couch Potato just before the first ad-break, and they showed Al standing around looking anticipant (?).
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Pookster, can you put it on? I would host you, but spaceports has strict guidelines regarding copyright. :mad:
Australian_Boy
Occasional

Post by Australian_Boy »

Lets not forget that he spat the M&M's out behind the chair... :biggrin:
millie
Regular

Post by millie »

i recorded the whole show even though i was watching it! there was a bit with al back stage at the begining though as well! i wonder if they cleaned up the m & m's that al spat out befor or after the next interveiw? mmm......
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Lets not forget that he spat the M&M's out behind the chair... :biggrin:

That's why we love him. He's just a classy, classy guy. :inlove: