Australian Tour!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

Wow.. I just thought of something.. in another thread here it was asked if you think anything will change for the setlist/concert for the Aussie concerts.. I just wondered if the Avril Al-TV interview will be as funny there, since I doubt there are enough Canadians there on a regular basis for that bit to be as funny (or do you think it would offend, since I know much is made of the Australian accent and way of speaking here?)

-Shelley
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I bet Al & the band are really excited about going there! I don't know if any of them have gone there for vacations previously, but in either case I'm sure it feels like a real adventure for them!

-Shelley

I'm sure they're excited. They get to tour outside of North America for the first time ever. So cool.

*looks at biographies* Looks like Jim is the only one who has been there before. Surprising Steve hasn't considering his long list of places he's been to.

-CindyBob
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

You lucky b*st*rds ;)
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

*looks at biographies* Looks like Jim is the only one who has been there before. Surprising Steve hasn't considering his long list of places he's been to.
Well actually, Al came here to promote UHF when it came out.

Do you think Al will make another concert-only parody for Australia, possibly one of an Australian artist?

Perhaps he will even endeavour to do Hardware Store :P .
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

Do you think Al will make another concert-only parody for Australia, possibly one of an Australian artist?

A Polka version of "Land Down Under" by Men at Work!

That'd be great!

*Needs to live in Australia*
Egg Land Fondue?
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Maybe he'll sing about a more relatable superhero in OTAS.

"Catch us a crock, your the Steve Irwin man"

ok that was stupid.
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

:D :D With the Austrailian Tour happening, maybe he will stop by Hawaii for a few shows!!! It isn't exactly a skip and a hop away, but it is one of the nearest continents to us (Including the USA and Japan.) That would be AWESOME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I am so happy for ALL of you Aussies! (But somewhat jealous... :mad: )
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Perhaps he will even endeavour to do Hardware Store :P .

I will be terribly jealous if that happens, which I doubt, but if it did, I would be terribly jealous.

-CindyBob
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

well, im happy for all the australians and everything, but i want al to come HERE!! you think he'll tour in america some more after he's done with australia? i want him to come to ashland again. (2 more days and i see him at kings island! WEE!!)
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

"Catch us a crock, your the Steve Irwin man"

ok that was stupid.
No it wasn't. That's a good one actually. As far as I know, we haven't been mocked due to Steve Irwin at all (except for joecartoon.com :mad: ). Correct me if I'm wrong.
A Polka version of "Land Down Under" by Men at Work!
Not really. I was thinking more of um..... um..... well I don't really don't know, but somebody that still sings. Perhaps Delta Goodrem. Don't really know anything about, but you know, she's Australian and that's all that matters. :biggrin: