The never ending questions

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Cat_Barf
Occasional

The never ending questions

Post by Cat_Barf »

Now, you've worked with Al for quite a few years, and I think you are the most qualified person to answer this: Is Al a pain in the butt to work with or is he a decent person to be around?

Have you guys aw a band gotten ticked or even mad at each other?

How smoothly does rehersal usually go?

Am I annoying?
Signed,

Cat Barf
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Al's great to work for, but he does expect perfection. If something's non-critical, then it's only near-perfection. We're all pretty conscientious and meticulous with our parts, but he occasionally demands a bit more from us. He's the artist and producer, so he's certainly entitled.

We're sort of a family, and we have the kind of relationships that result from spending a lot of time with the same people. None of us have ever come to blows, if that's what you mean, although at any given time at least one of us wants to kill Ruben.

Rehearsals usually go smoothly. We're either refreshing ourselves on songs we've been playing for a while, or working up concert versions of songs that we may have just recorded, so we're already familiar with those parts, too. The hardest decisions are generally what everyone wants for dinner.

I don't know if you're annoying, I really don't keep up on the personality traits of the fans!