TV

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

DraculaInVegas

TV

Post by DraculaInVegas »

Hello,

What do you think of all the reality telivison showes out there right now, and do you watch them?

Reagan- :lookround:
Reagan Orbison ~~~<((__crayol__(()
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I'm not even sure what they are, but I probably don't watch them. Is news considered reality anymore? Otherwise, I catch lots of reruns & classic stuff: Simpsons, Drew Carey, Columbo, shows on Nick and TV Land. I can't think of any current shows that I go out of my way to watch.
hamsterpal

TV

Post by hamsterpal »

Is news considered reality anymore?
It is, unless you're watching Fox News (a/k/a "Faux News"). :D

As for Nick At Nite and TV Land, TV Land is better IMHO. Nick's reruns used to be the older classic ones, but their shows so recent anymore, pretty soon they'll be repeating current programs an hour after they've aired! :dontgetit:
cooledman
Occasional

Post by cooledman »

speaking of reality shows, how come Al's "dog eat dog" is not used on the show, Dog Eat Dog?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

well dog eat dog isnt really a reality show, but al's song is about working in an office, not walking on a giant hamster wheel while answering questions read by a women clothed in leather. of course every time i see the listing on tvguide i sing the song

Mike
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

speaking of reality shows, how come Al's "dog eat dog" is not used on the show, Dog Eat Dog?

I don't know what Al thinks, and you want to speak for the networks??

Guess it's time to update my post at the top of this forum...
hamsterpal

TV

Post by hamsterpal »

I don't know what Al thinks, and you want to speak for the networks??

Guess it's time to update my post at the top of this forum...

In the words of the HHGTTG, "Don't Panic". :)

I'm not so sure cooledman was literally asking you why the networks haven't used the song. "How come" in this sense is often just a figure of speech, like saying "how come it rains every time after I've washed my car?" or "how come I never step in doggie-doo until after I buy a new pair of shoes?" You know, not an actual question, just one of those "things that make you go hmmm...."

Or, for those not old enough to remember when Arsenio Hall had a talk show (!), it's also known as a "rhetorical question". IMHO, Arsenio's term is funnier, though. :)