Not Much Action

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Cat_Barf
Occasional

Not Much Action

Post by Cat_Barf »

Well, there seems to be nothing to talk about, so here is some more delightful questions...

OK, now that you guys are recording, and you, Bermuda, are always posting relatively quick to questions, do you guys have a computer in the studio so you can check the web for stuff?

And have you listened to Art Bell yet? He is a crack up sometimes. Remember he is on Coast to Coast AM from 10pm-2am weeknights on KFI. If you're not up that late you can listen to the straeming audio from his website at a later time.

Here's another: Do you know approximately how many UHF Dvds have been sold?

And, if Al is reading this...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
Signed,

Cat Barf
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Yes, no, and no.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Yes, no, and no.

Yes as in,

Yes, we check website (and this forum) and Yes, the band saw this forum?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Yes there's web access in the studio, no I haven't listened to Art Bell, I don't know if Al or anyone from the band has seen the forum.
Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

Alright. Would it be too much to ask how much money you guys make off of albums and the tour? Do you get royalties from every time an Al song is played on the radio, or how does that work?

Anyway, thanks for the answers to the previous questions.
Signed,

Cat Barf
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Sorry, the fans aren't entitled to know our salary structures.

Radio play is supposed to generate a few cents for the songrwiter(s), although Al has never received much radio action except more recently on Radio Disney. However the VH1/MTV/MuchMusic exposure has been extremely valuable and probably reached more people than radio, with the added visual impact. So the success of a new single for us isn't judged by what radio's doing with it.
Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

It's fine for fans not to know your income and that sort of thing. I was just curious.

I think it would be great to see more radio exposure for Al, but I guess radio people aren't into that sort of thing. Maybe I'm crazy, but I also think Al should get more publicity, and it would be great if Al got a no. 1 hit on the Billboard charts.
Signed,

Cat Barf
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Al gets a helluva lotta airplay at the station I DJ at...and not just from me...I've been doing college radio for 10 years now and currently do an early sunday morning show on WFCS 107.7 FM in New Britain, CT. "Weird Al" has been an artist I feature on a semi-constant basis...

Check out my on-air schedule:

http://hometown.aol.com/timewarpofwfcs

In regards to Al's salary, I'll borow one of his famous lines and say that when he goes into Burger King he can afford the large fries now...
Loony Lynn
Occasional

Johnnytimewarp

Post by Loony Lynn »

You do realize your post contains spam don't you? :bomb:
insoft
Occasional

Re: Johnnytimewarp

Post by insoft »

QUOTE You do realize your post contains spam don't you? :bomb:

It's just a little ;)