movie references part 2

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Jebediah
Occasional

movie references part 2

Post by Jebediah »

Hey! It's me again. Mr. IMDB movie references. Well, this time I was reading IMDB's movie references associated with "UHF", as I just bought the DVD (it kicks @$$, by the way!) "UHF" had a few listed spoofs I didn't catch, but I'll bypass those for now in lieu of something much more baffling:

According to the IMDB, the Disney 1996 version of "Hunchback of Notre Dame" includes a spoof of "UHF." I've seen HOND, but I don't remember much of it; I doubt that the spoof of "UHF" is intentional, but I can't think of anything that would even cause someone to think that HOND is spoofing "UHF." Can Bermuda or any loyal fans clue me in? Is there a scene in "Hunchback of Notre Dame" that is even remotely similar to one in "UHF"?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I never saw that version, so I can't help.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

im still trying to figure out how you got it!

Mike
Jebediah
Occasional

movie connections

Post by Jebediah »

How I got to the page, you mean? If that's what you meant, here's what you do:

Go to us.imdb.com/search. Type in UHF. Then look at the column on the left. Under the heading "Fun Stuff", click on "movie connections" and there you are.
Jebediah
Occasional

how I got it

Post by Jebediah »

Oh, whoa, did you mean how I got the UHF DVD? Actually, I'm still wondering about that myself. But I saw it in a store in New Jersey and became quite puzzled, as I remembered that www.weirdal.com gave it a June 4th release date. However, I didn't think twice about buying it.
HeatherE27

Hunchback

Post by HeatherE27 »

This question was brought up on AMWA a year or so ago and I watched "Hunchback"agian and the only thing I could figure out is that they both have spoofs of lightsaber fights?

Heather
"Man, some people can't take a joke, ya' know?"