Al In The Box Booklet

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Al In The Box Booklet

Post by Ash »

I remember reading on the Ask Al that he planned to have the booklet from the Permanent Record sold seperately as well as with the cds. So far, I haven't seen this happen. Do you have any info on this?

Thanks again,

Ash
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

I beleive this is the text:
Are you thinking of making an updated version of "The Authorized Al" anytime in the future? (Matthew Horn)

Well, the booklet in the box set is basically an updated version of the "Authorized Al," only (for the first time) historically accurate. I should mention that "Close Personal Friends of Al" is making the booklet available separately, because I didn't want to force fans into buying the box set if they already had the other albums.
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Al In The Box Booklet

Post by CatraDhtem »

I remember reading on tha Ask Al that he planned to have the booklet from the Permanent Record sold seperately as well as with the cds. So far, I haven't seen this happen. Do you have any info on this?

Well, I can't speak for Bermuda (and I don't think WhiZZi is going to add an "Ask Catra" section for a while), but I do recall the booklet was offered in the Close Personal Friends Of Al catalog leaflet thing that was sent out around the time of the Alapalooza Tour and box set's release. So, in '94 it was first offered separately. If I remember correctly, it did not appear in the 1996 offerings, though the box set was still listed.

Speaking of which, did anyone ever receive a printed catalog page (or rather, printed anything) from CPFOA since Bad Hair Day or the time of The Weird Al Show? I figured the web site kind of took over that in terms of purpose, but still it would at least confirm if my change of address to them ever took.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Catra, when I first sent an SASE to CPFOA on '99, I got a flyer with some of the clothing items offered on the Merchandise page on weirdal.com, along with a silly letter about what Al's been up to *I loved it, btw* and, surprise of surprises, an autographed pic, which I didn't ask for, but was sooo excited about getting! It really made my day! :D

Patti

* I was so ferklempt about getting that pic, I couldn't function!! hehe!*