other pages

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Yank27
Obsessed

other pages

Post by Yank27 »

at weirdal.com, there is a page in which you can see pics of what the site looked like earlier back. i was wondering if any of those pages are sill on the net, like "the bermuda files", or were they all just deleted?

i hope you understand what i am trying to say, because i cant explain things too well!!

thanks again
Ash
Occasional

Re: other pages

Post by Ash »

at weirdal.com, there is a page in which you can see pics of what the site looked like earlier back. i was wondering if any of those pages are sill on the net, like "the bermuda files", or were they all just deleted?

i hope you understand what i am trying to say, because i cant explain things too well!!

thanks again

You might try the Wayback Machine's Weirdal.com Archive. It's an internet archive. It has a lot of old weirdal.com's. It's worth a peek.
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

The original files were deleted as they were updated. Loop.com, the host of the site through late-1997, changed its directory structure 2 years ago, so even the address listed in the Bad Hair Day booklet stopped being valid even for forwarding to weirdal.com. In fact, Loop has closed its doors as of yesterday (March 21.)

The archive.org site is interesting and fun, but you can't rely on it for accuracy. Regarding weirdal.com alone, it shows several page views that never existed for the dates listed! In addition, I don't recall them going back as long as I've had an Al site available.

Except for whatever the "latest news" was at the time, everything else on the site then is still available now: photos, tour dates, etc. None of the 'history' features has been removed.

Bermuda