conincidental double parodies

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Accordion Kid
Occasional

Post by Accordion Kid »

has al ever done a parody and find out some one else has too?

PS My band wants to open for you guys on the next tour, If we can get parental permission and excused from school
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I imagine that some of the songs Al's parodied have been also parodied by someone else, but none that I'm aware of have been released, or had the same concept.

As for opening, we rarely have bands open for us becuase of the stage & sound coordination involved.

Bermuda
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

has al ever done a parody and find out some one else has too?
Here's Al's response to a similiar question on Ask Al, with, not surprisingly, a similiar answer to the one Bermuda gave:
Have you ever tried to write a parody of a song that has already been parodied? (R.J. Witcher)

That's been the case a number of times, but I always had the advantage of being on a major record label.

David
Evita27

Post by Evita27 »

Actually....an artist you may have heard of, the great Luke Ski, performed his own parody of "Lump" called "Gump" somewhere in Ohio in March of 1996. The following Sunday, Al appeared on Dr Demento, premiering brand new music from the Bad Hair Day album. One of Al's new parodies was a parody of "Lump" called "Gump." Although the llyrics were different, the idea was the same, but each of them did the parody in their own way. :smile: