Meeting Al

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

ell
Occasional

Meeting Al

Post by ell »

So we all know how you met Al. Another One Rides The Bus, is your dad Frankie Yankovic, I have your My Bologna single, "You should have a band, I'll drum.". We all know the story. But what exactly was it like meeting Al? Were you excited (even though he wasn't that popular other than My Bologna)? And did you know you would still be his drummer today? Yup. That's the question. Sorry if it's a lame one - I just always wanted to know...
Last edited by ell on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haroldwaide
Regular

Re: Meeting Al

Post by haroldwaide »

After they performed Another One Rides the Bus, Bermuda looked at Al and said "You should have a band. I'll be your drummer" As for being his drummer today, Most artists don't have staying power in this business. Let alone a novelty artist.Al and the band have been truely blessed to have the career that they have. On wouldn't think that Jon looked at Al on that fateful night and said "I'm still going to be your drummer on January 23rd 2016" because, as a rule, that just doesn't happen...
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

haroldwaide wrote:After they performed Another One Rides the Bus, Bermuda looked at Al and said "You should have a band. I'll be your drummer" As for being his drummer today, Most artists don't have staying power in this business. Let alone a novelty artist.Al and the band have been truely blessed to have the career that they have. On wouldn't think that Jon looked at Al on that fateful night and said "I'm still going to be your drummer on January 23rd 2016" because, as a rule, that just doesn't happen...
I know the story of Another One Rides The Bus and how he said you should have a band :) (you have to know that to be on the forum! ;)) but, I was asking what exactly it was like to meet Al. My fault. It probably wasn't worded very well :) and yes, Al and the band are great! I think the band is also very underrated, I think they're probably one of the best players out there :)
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Now that, my friend, is a very interesting question. Assuming Bermuda can remember that many years ago, we could get some rather interesting perspective. And I have to agree. Al's band is Ridiculously underrated.
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

haroldwaide wrote:Now that, my friend, is a very interesting question. Assuming Bermuda can remember that many years ago, we could get some rather interesting perspective. And I have to agree. Al's band is Ridiculously underrated.
Yup. if Bermuda can remember that would be real nice to know :)
dysequilibrium
Occasional

Post by dysequilibrium »

Bumping this cause I'd like to know as well :)
Bruh12828
Occasional

Post by Bruh12828 »

dysequilibrium wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:02 pm Bumping this cause I'd like to know as well :)
too
Wierd Ai Yankovich