Alapalooza Tour/set list questions

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

mybologna
Regular

Alapalooza Tour/set list questions

Post by mybologna »

These are just a few questions I've kind of been curious about for a while regarding set-lists...

At the beginning of the 1994 Alapalooza tour I know 'Livin' In the Fridge' and 'Frank's 2000" TV' were both performed, but VEEERY shortly axed, and 'Fridge' was stuck into the Food Medley. I have always assumed the change had to do with the addition of 'Headline News' to the encore, but why did both songs need to be removed to make room for just one? Surely it didn't make too much of a time difference? But I also know that tour was a hard one because he was singing a lot of difficult songs that time around, were they both axed to give his voice a bit less pushing?

Secondly, if this is documented or okay to share, what were the set lists for the May 16, 1987 72nd National Orange Show, and the December 31, 1993 Pleasure Island concerts? Also, were the concerts performed in late 1992/early-mid 1993 using the same set list as the OTDE tour? Sorry for so many questions!

I know you're busy with the tour going on so if this goes unanswered for a while its completely understood, but while I await does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks so much!
~Brady
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Alapalooza Tour/set list questions

Post by mellow weasel »

mybologna wrote:Secondly, if this is documented or okay to share, what were the set lists for the May 16, 1987 72nd National Orange Show, and the December 31, 1993 Pleasure Island concerts?
You forgot to ask what socks Al and TBITB were wearing :lol: (why would you want to know something so specific about something that happened such a long time ago?)
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

I just like seeing how the sets evolved over time...and also kind of curious for the 1987 show what was kept from the previous albums and what remained, maybe to get an idea of what a tour for Polka Party would have been like as opposed to being restricted to a 45-60 minute set when they did the Opening For the Monkees Tour

IDK I LIKE SET LIST STUFF OKAY geez
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

the 1987 show what was kept from the previous albums and what remained, maybe to get an idea of what a tour for Polka Party would have been like as opposed to being restricted to a 45-60 minute set[/quote]
Here is a rough idea of what the set might have looked like:
I Want A New Duck
I Lost On Jeopardy
Here's Johnny
The Brady Bunch
Midnight Star
King Of Suede
Eat It
Dare To Be Stupid
Polka Party!
Addicted To Spuds
One More Minute