Attack of the radioactive hamsters from a planet near mars

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

jkm555
Occasional

Attack of the radioactive hamsters from a planet near mars

Post by jkm555 »

So Bermuda is Attack of the radioactive hamsters from a planet near mars a style parody or is it a original. Its one my favorite songs off of the UHF CD.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Re: Attack of the radioactive hamsters from a planet near ma

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

I always heard "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Maybe?
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I hear the same, eleventhirtyfour.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I don't think so guys, if it was meant to be a style parody of Skynyrd, then it was a pretty bad attempt. I know the part in the chorus your talking about which sounds similar to the mid verse riff in Gimme Three Steps but that is just 'cause a lot of songs sound the same in spots here and there. Maybe Bermuda will tell us different but I certainly don't think Skynyrd was an influence here, even though I know they have influenced Al and the band as musicians. They will inspire anyone musically if you listen to their albums. Top notch band that got ruined way too early. ;( I believe if they were gonna do a Skynyrd style parody than it would be way more obvious that was what they were shooting for, because Skynyrd would be quite easy to do for Al and the guys. Sure they have probably done many little parts in different songs that were actually inspired by Lynyrd Skynyrd we have not exactly noticed, it happens to lots of musicians when writing a song without having any clue that its going on.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Yankomaniac wrote:I know they have influenced Al and the band as musicians.
:huh:

I don't think I have ever heard Al list Skynyrd as an influence. Do you have any sources on this?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

They played Sweet Home Alabama during the poodle hat tour. Beyond that I'm stumped
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No actually me and Steve were talking about Skynyrd in Toronto a few years ago and he just said he liked them a lot, and most musicians do but other than that I have no sources. I should have said " I assume" instead of "I know". But there again, with them performing Sweet Home Alabama, I can guarantee they all love Lynyrd Skynyrd and think about Bermuda's huge collection, I bet theres a couple Skynyrd albums in there. Anyways never heard Al mention Skynyrd but now I am even more curious if they were any type of huge influence. BERMUDA???
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Hey, how could I share the Bermuda's huge collection here? I m from Sydney and will Google Drive Share works?
Online Shopping Australia: https://www.clicknbuyaustralia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;