Origins

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Origins

Post by JCM »

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have two questions:
  1. I watched a video of you tapping on Weird Al's accordion case while he sang "Another One Rides the Bus" on an early television appearance. Was that done out of necessity, or was it intentional, and if so, whose idea was it?
  2. I know I've already asked three questions, but I've been wondering about this, too: How did you find out about the World of Weird Al Yankovic? Have you gotten in touch with any other Weird Al fansites?
And now that's four questions. X* I understand if you don't want to answer any of them, but thanks for reading, anyway.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Origins

Post by bermuda »

The accordion case was on the original recording, which was a live performance on the Dr. Demento Show. that recording was made by Dr. D just as a matter of course, and lucky he did - that soon became a single, and was eventually used on the first album. So, the Tomorrow Show appearance you refer to was basically us doing the song as people knew it. Even when a band was in place and the song could have been performed a la Queen, it was still done it its original form (although I eventually used the bass drum instead of the accordion case.)

I don't recall how I stumbled into this forum, but it's the extent of my online fan connections.

Bermuda