You Don't Love Me Anymore video

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Good Enough For Now
Occasional

You Don't Love Me Anymore video

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Hi Bermuda,

I apologize if this is old news and caused by some unfixable glitch that should never be mentioned again, but the official Weird Al VEVO account video for "You Don't Love Me Anymore" inexplicably begins during the song's first chorus! I assume this is an error and Al would prefer to be sharing the entire song and video with those who do still love him. Now, I'll be okay - I own the DVD (of course!). I just thought someone might like to know... :detective:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: You Don't Love Me Anymore video

Post by anthontherun »

The original The Videos DVD had the same issue (the YDLMA chapter start was late, although I can't verify if it started in the same place as the VEVO video), so my guess is it's related to that.
WeirdWeatherGirl

Post by WeirdWeatherGirl »

This isn't gonna be very specific, but I read somewhere that some people had an issue with the Antichrist line, so that entire first part was removed because of that.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

WeirdWeatherGirl wrote:This isn't gonna be very specific, but I read somewhere that some people had an issue with the Antichrist line, so that entire first part was removed because of that.
Yep, sounds like people.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Skippy wrote:
WeirdWeatherGirl wrote:This isn't gonna be very specific, but I read somewhere that some people had an issue with the Antichrist line, so that entire first part was removed because of that.
Yep, sounds like people.
People are the worst :bad:
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Hadn't heard that about the lyric, and didn't notice the video was shorter! That's definitely an Ask Al question... some day.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

anthontherun wrote:The original The Videos DVD had the same issue (the YDLMA chapter start was late, although I can't verify if it started in the same place as the VEVO video), so my guess is it's related to that.
My DVD must be a later pressing, because the chapter starts in the correct place (Mesa Boogie amp, then Bermuda dropping his sticks and taking off his wig, then the song proper). I remember the Ask Al where it's mentioned that this was initially off-set, but I thought it was just the little bits before the song started that were incorrectly part of the "Smells Like Nirvana" chapter.

As for the "Antichrist" lyric...if that were seriously the case, I can't imagine Al's response would have been "oh that's an easy fix, just cut the first 45 seconds and randomly enter during the chorus!". It starts in the middle of a word! At the most, I can see bleeping it or just dubbing something else in.

It just seems like an upload/encoding error but I'm not sure if Vevo would be responsive by e-mail. Guess I could try?
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

[Little late post coming in here...]
They fixed it around a week ago!
YESSSSSSSSSS!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;