Polkas

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Polkas

Post by Wizzerkat »

How do the polkas compare to the other songs to produce/make? More expensive or labor intensive? Less? The same? Do you guys generally enjoy getting the polkas together?
Is my dude a dweeb?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Polkas

Post by bermuda »

Sorry, I just discovered that some Ask Bermuda questions got lost in the shuffle of other topics springing up!

They are more labor-intensive for a few reasons: Al writes the horn parts and the horn players play them... various band members may be called upon for handclaps... Al and I spend some extra time choreographing the sound effects... and of course Al has accordion parts throughout the medley. Most of these parts don't exist in other songs, so the medley needs extra time to record (and for Al to demo.) Expense-wise, there's a little more involved because the horn players are brought in, and studio time takes a little longer.

The polkas are fun for me, and as parodies (and the occasional original) aresequenced more and more these days, the medley is something that's always 'live'.

Bermuda