Interviews with Al and the band

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdajs
Occasional

Interviews with Al and the band

Post by weirdajs »

Hello Bermuda I have always been wondering something. Has there ever been a time when you and the rest of the band done an interview? With the new album "Mandatory Fun" coming out would there be an interview including Al and the rest of band? What I am saying is if Al goes on to Conan O'Brien show to do an interview. Then have Conan O'Brien do an interview with the whole band. I have noticed in the past Al only does the interview not with the rest of the band. Why is that do you know? It would be great to hear what you guys have to say about album. Besides having Al talk about the album sometimes. BTW love the solo projects you and the rest of the band have going on.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Interviews with Al and the band

Post by bermuda »

I think there have been one or two things in the past where the whole band was involved in a radio or TV interview, and of course we've been involved in the Behind The Music, Driven, and Biography specials. But remember, Al is the artist, Al and his band is not the artist. I have no problem with Al handling all the interviews, he's got a great style, and knows what to say about his own career.

And the band members get their due in other areas, usually pertaining to their instrument, such as podcasts, online/print magazine articles, and in the artist listings on the sites of companies whose products they endorse. I probably have the most such online interviews, since I've been online the longest (since July, 1993!) There's a list of some of them on my site.

Bermuda
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

bermuda wrote:And the band members get their due in other areas, usually pertaining to their instrument, such as podcasts, online/print magazine articles, and in the artist listings on the sites of companies whose products they endorse. I probably have the most such online interviews, since I've been online the longest (since July, 1993!) There's a list of some of them on my site.
I listened to your interview on the "I'd Hit That" podcast lat summer, Bermuda. You were really great. It was very informative and entertaining.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Honestly Ive enjoyed Jons interviews hes done more than Als becausw hes able to go deeper into stories.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weirdajs
Occasional

Post by weirdajs »

Thank You Bermuda for taking the time to answer my question. I knew about the Behind the Music, Driven, and Biography specials but nothing else. It is good to know that band mates get their own interviews from time to time. You guys deserve some credit for songs you pull off :great: I guess I will have to check out your website :D