Recording Dates Archive

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

bizarreblair
Occasional

Recording Dates Archive

Post by bizarreblair »

Do you have any criteria in order for you to list a song on the Recording Dates archive page of weirdal.com? Like, is there a reason "The Ballad of Kent Marlow" is listed, but the brain song from the O.C. Fair, "Daisy Bell", and " Patterns" are not? I realize Al did not write the last two, but he didn't write "George of the Jungle", " Babalu Music!", "The Ballad of Homer and Marge" or "Bohemian Polka", technically, either. But they're all listed.

Also, is there an official title for the O.C. Fair song like "Your Brain"? And is there any other information about the project besides the old behind the scenes videos that came out around that time? For instance, it looks like John Kricfalusi worked on the video, but I don't recall hearing anything about him at the time. Thanks!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Recording Dates Archive

Post by bermuda »

The criterion is that the song is available on a product of some sort, or was a sanctioned digital issue (such as You're Pitiful, and the first appearance of Whatever You Like, and Internet Leaks tracks.) Ballad of Kent Marlow was available on VHS, so it was an official product. I don't believe that Patterns was issued anywahere, but I suppose Daisy Bell qualifies, in the same way that limited releases like dr. Demento's Basement Tapes qualify. I'll try to find a recording date on that.

The Al's Brain song was simply called Al's Brain. I wasn't involved with the project at all, so I can't offer anything else. :(

Bermuda