Spoilers

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Spoilers

Post by QuantumError »

Hey Jon!
How do you determine what is safe for you to say about unreleased material or upcoming events? Do you usually just use your best common sense to determine whether you should share something or not, or is there a selection of tid-bits that Al says is fine to share? Have you ever revealed something you later felt you wish you hadn't?

I know one thing, and I bet this is a shared thought on WOWAY, but the fact that you, a member and important part of the group with Weird Al, actually share your time with those who enjoy your work..it is somewhat unheard of from what I've seen online and for a fact it is an added reason why I've stayed a fan of you guys, and why I've lost interest in other bands that weren't this devoted.
haroldwaide
Regular

Re: Spoilers

Post by haroldwaide »

Things change so rapidly in the entertainment business that until something is official, it's probably best not to talk about it at all. (For example, I recall Jon saying he still had the itinerary for an Australian tour in the 80s...) My guess is that is how Bermuda handles spoilers on here. HOWEVER, if you ask him really nice during a live chat, he might spill the beans about what he's going to have for dinner that night. I'm not sure if Al gives him the go ahead for spoilers or not. That's a really good question...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Aww, you're not Jon!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I pretty much know to whom I can say certain things, and that's been my policy even before the immediate and widespread reach of the 'net. For example, my wife knows the release date, but I don't think I ever told her the title of the new album. :hamsters: