Weirdalforum.com Is Going To Move..

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Yep. Thanks to scottidog and mewrio I found a decent hosting company, Bluehost. This means the whole website will be transferred.

At the end of september I will begin to move. This can take up 2 days maximum. The actual transfer will take only a few minutes, the only thing that will delay is that your internet provider has to understand that weirdalforum.com can be found on another server (or tech talk: DNS servers have a delay of 2 days max)..

To compensate this, I will create a temporary subdomain (something like: temp.weirdalforum.com) where you can find the new server and forum... When this is finished, I'll let you know..
Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/bartdrummer
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

UPDATE

Somehow, at Bluehost they can not do some technical stuff for me so I can't control the move of Weirdalforum.com...

What does this mean for you. Well, simple..

Within one week (this week) the website will be transferred to Bluehost. There's only one major problem and that will be the large database (were all your messages are stored) which isn't moved. I have to wait for that until the website is offline and I have to do that by myself (which means that when the server is moved, you'll have to wait until I wake up :P )

Don't be scared when you see Weirdalforum.com offline. It will only last for 1 day. You'll notice..

Sorry for this, but for the next 3 years we won't move anymore and we have enough space to grow.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

WHiZZi,

Will we need to do anything but just log on normally to http://www.weirdalforum.com ? Or will there be another URL?

We can live without the old stuff until you have time to move it.

And while I'm asking questions here... how are we financially? Do you need any further help?
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Update 09/27/2005 8.31pm (GMT +1)

After trying several times, I still can't upload the database from my home computer to Bluehost. At 7 pm I got permission to login on the current server with a shell so I can directly put the database to bluehost. Too bad the connection really is slow (uploading with less than 10KB/sec) so uploading would take very long (approx till 6 am).

Tomorrow (09/28) I will try again when Bluehost isn't so slow as they are now. <_<

EDIT: The URL ain't gonna change...
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

woohoo, we're moved (FINALLY!)

The first few days it may go slower than usual, because the PHP pages are served from the Netherlands and the database is located in the USA.

I'm aware of the connect-errors which you can get from time to time. This will last for only 2 days. But hey, WOWAY is back online!

We've been offline for 24 hours. The hardest part of the move is done now. This was the worst what could happen (almost, we could also lose the database.. but we didn't.. :P )
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

and the WWW pages are moved...

If you don't see "Hosted by" at the bottom of the page, you are using the new server. The next 3 years, we won't move again...

Thank you, Rubber Biscuit, for the hosting of this forum!