HELP!!! I see banners or have weird errors!!

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

HELP!!! I see banners or have weird errors!!

Post by WHiZZi »

Relax Relax, nothing to worry about.

As you probably know we're transferring to a new server. Past month the database of this forum already ran on the new server except the scripts. Currently there is a transfer going on to the new server. This will take 48 hours to complete.

If you see banners in top of the screen, this means your internet provider has switched over to the new forum. But, this will have some tiny problems in the beginning. This is because the cookies aren't correct and some config files will need to change.

What can you do to solve it. When you see the banners, you should try to logout and login again. If this works correctly, you don't have to do a thing. If you cannot logout, delete you cookies (in Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files > Press OK)

So far the problems, what about the banners.

You probably all know that this used to be free for everyone except me. I always payed for the webspace and for the datatraffic which you all generate each month. So far, I always managed it. But by transferring to this new server I will need to have $600 per year just to run this forum!

With the bannering (and the donate button) I get some money to leave this forum running as it is. Since I run this forum with no sponsor or anything, I had to do it. I hope you all understand why I needed to put banners on the site.

As soon as I have collected $600.00 I will remove the banners for one year.

If you have questions regarding this, you can discuss about it here
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

There seems to be a problem with caching. The reason of this is because of the banner. I will fix it in a couple of hours.

Until then, use CTRL-F5 if you want to refresh.

:baa:
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Ok, we fixed the cache problem.

Just logoff, refresh and login again and everything will be OK. Except one thing,

The time on the server isn't correct and I can't fix it. I already mailed the people who can fix it and I hope it will be soon :)

NOTE:

Mark all topics read and viewing new posts doesn't work because of the time-bug..
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

After several tries I finally got the bug and killed it.

All you have to do is the following:

1) Logout.

2) Delete your temporary internet files (Tools > Options > Delete temporary internet files).

3) Close your browser screen

4) Open it and browse to your favorite Weird Al forum

5) Login again.

All problems should be solved.