Too many off topic posts

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Too many off topic posts

Post by Elvis »

There is WAY TOO MUCH off topic posting and socializing the last few days (You know who you are! :stern:).

Please keep the socializing to PMs. Before you post something, think, "Is more than one or two people gonna care about this? Would this be better in a PM or email? Is this on topic?"

An occasional off topic post is fun and acceptable, but when there are pages of off topic posts in almost every topic, it's gotten out of hand.

There's a warning button I can use to warn people. I haven't yet, but I'm not afraid to if things don't improve. Three warnings and your banned. Keep that in mind.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

moved to Announcements :)

:stupid:
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Adding something on topic at the end of your off topic post does not make it an on topic post. I just got done editing several posts that did this. Next time I might not be so patient.

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

If you check the trash can, you'll notice I moved a lot of off topic posts there recently. This is a WEIRD AL forum. Anything else is off topic. Also, please remember this is a forum, not a chat room. Please take such conversations to PM or off the forum.

The moderators would appreciate everyone's effort to keep off topic posts and chat room talk off the Forum. Especially with all the CPU errors we're getting this week, it's been very hard to moderate.

Dave
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Elvis @ Jul 22 2008, 10:15 PM wrote: Also, please remember this is a forum, not a chat room. Please take such conversations to PM or off the forum.
Is it possible to get the chat room back up and running?
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

Yeah I had mentioned a few times and asked if somebody could please separate the Altube topic and the Important interviews topics (in fact ANYTHING that was a sticky) and make Chit Chat topics for them...It is getting so hard to find the new interviews, article links, altube clips....

One of the mods said I could create an Altube Chitchat topic, but nobody is using it. I'm sorry to be nagging so much about it, but I keep going into those topics thinking there is some new clip or interview, just to see somebody bumped the topic from a week ago to say "Hahaha I love that interview!" Hell, if anyone will make me a mod of the Media section, I will spend the time it is going to take to separate those sections (i know that's a bit more extreme of a request...lol)! Yeah, but that definitely applies to this in a way. Those sticky's really need to be used for updates. I love reading the Chit-Chat, but I also love being able to find the articles and clips when I do!

Oh! On that same note, isn't it a tad redundant to have separate topics for "Newspaper Articles" and "Important Interviews"? Can't we merge them as "Important Al Articles and Interviews" or something? They are pretty much the same thing...
But hey guys, I really appreciate all the work you mods do! Thanks so much! :Y

Edit: Oh! And I know it was funny when it first happened.....but all of these Rick Roll's are starting to clutter up the Altube section! It is getting to the point where every other link is a rick roll now...GAHHH! X*
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Newspaper and Magazine Alerts isn't just for interviews and articles; a lot of times there will be a brief Al mention in, say, Mad or Us Weekly or something that we want to make a note of. The Important Interviews topic is more for the cream of the crop.

I separated out all the Altube chitchat and pinned the topic, so hopefully it'll get some action. :peace: May work on the interviews topic later if I get a chance.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Sorry about that, man. I was getting back around to editing those again, but the CPU errors came back and those kind of pushed everything else on the back burner :)

Thanks Anth :Y
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Guys, it's time to move on from Michael Jackson's passing if it doesn't relate to Al.

Speculating and discussing any Al reactions is fine, but the attacks on MJ's character aren't only off topic, but they're also just serving to start fights.

You have an opinion on what MJ did or didn't do, fine. So does everyone. It just doesn't fit here.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?