WOWAY gets a new sponsor!

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

WOWAY gets a new sponsor!

Post by WHiZZi »

Hi there members of WOWAY,

Since you all know the website currently runs on donations only and donations are not flowing in on a regular base, I had to search for other ways to keep this website up&running.

After some tough negotiations, I got McDonalds to sponsor me.

As a person who really enjoys ice cream, luscious French fries, and other items on McDonald's legendary menu, some free samples will really make this deal worthwhile!

This will not change anything on WOWAY whatsoever. WOWAY will still remain about Weird Al Yankovic. Part of the deal is that we put some minor, hardly noticable links to the McDonalds website. Also there will be a link between Weird Al Yankovic and McDonalds in the future, which I'm not allowed to talk too much about.

Thank you for understanding and thanks to all the people who donated in the past, thanks to you we are still up&running today!
Last edited by WHiZZi on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: showing our april fools prank ;)
McDonalds

Re: WOWAY gets a new sponsor!

Post by McDonalds »

We're proud to help out this website by sponsoring. In the near future there will be more information why we chose weirdalforum.com as one of our targets.

We promise nothing will change on this website.

Signed,
Bill J. Keyson
Marketing Advisor McDonald's Corporation
Oak Brook, IL
McDonalds

Post by McDonalds »

Hello "Weird Al" fans. You're probably wondering why McDonald'sTM has recently become a sponsor of the "World of Weird Al Yankovic" forums. That's a great question, and we hope that this explanation will put all your concerns to rest.

We here at McDonald'sTM are well aware of the criticism our restaurants have received over the years: that the food we serve is unhealthy and overly processed. That we mistreat the animals used to create our products. That Chicken McNuggets are made from some mysterious "pink goop" substance. That we don't fairly compensate the over 1.6 million people we employ all over the world. The list goes on.

The fact is, all of those are incorrect myths. Independent research has shown that McDonald'sTM can be part of a healthy, balanced diet. All of our cows and chickens are cared for and treated with dignity from birth. Our delicious McNuggets are made with all-white meat. McDonald'sTM has consistently been an industry leader in providing our employees with fair wages, and ranks high in employee satisfaction according to several independent studies.

Will this information quiet our detractors? We doubt it. But that's ok. Because this message is not for them. It's for the millions of Americans who enjoy eating at McDonald'sTM but feel uncomfortable with the many misconceptions that have been spread about our restaurant. What should those loyal McDonald'sTM patrons do?

"Just eat it."

We want our valued customers to be able to enjoy their Big Macs, Egg McMuffins, and other delicious items from our legendary menu without having to worry about the so-called "stigma" about McDonald'sTM restaurants. That's our job. All you have to do...is "just eat it."

Naturally, we have selected this forum to test out our new ad campaign before bringing it to regional and national levels, because "just eat it" is, of course, a lyric from one of "Weird Al's" most famous songs. We have licensed the original recording to use in a series of radio and television ads (in addition to an extensive print campaign), and in the days and weeks ahead, we'll be enlisting the help of the "World of Weird Al Yankovic" community in determining how to best bring this campaign to a larger audience. At this time, Mr. Yankovic is not involved in the campaign, but we hope to utilize him in the future.

As a thank you to WHiZZi for graciously allowing us to test this new campaign here, we have provided a significant financial contribution to the community, as he posted previously. I can assure you, however, that this will not impact the "World of Weird Al Yankovic" experience you have come to know, and you'll only notice us when we're doing research for the campaign and sponsoring contests where members can win free food and other cool McDonald'sTM swag!

Please feel free to ask any questions, and our team will do our best to answer them.

-Ryan Laskell
Advanced Marketing Research
McDonald's Corporation
McDonalds

Post by McDonalds »

Hello "Weird Al" Fans,

Just so you know, we are trying our first commercial outing for the "Just Eat It" campaign. I hope you like it on this first day of April.

Remember,
Just Eat It™

-April O. Folsey
Cleaning lady Marketing Research
McDonald's Corporation
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

In case you didn't figure it out, yes.. we had an old fashioned April Fools prank. If you look very closely to the first post, you will see that we already told you ;)

Anyway, things are changing though and the first thing, which is serious, is that we change layout... Not bright yellow and red, but the one you all got as of today. It's hard to support 6 templates where only 1 is actually used by more than 27 people and this one, is the standard phpBB layout.

So, I found this very clean template which I hope everybody likes. I will drop support for all old templates used. Some other serious changes will occur in the near future to get this website lively again.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

And yes, we changed layout again.. the new layout I choose was full of bugs and people had to wear sunglasses just to browse. So I found a bit less bright and more functional one