06/29/10 Milwaukee WI, Summerfest

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

fred27
Obsessed

06/29/10 Milwaukee WI, Summerfest

Post by fred27 »

gonna hit this one,
misterbigalow

Re: 06/29/10 Milwaukee WI, Summerfest

Post by misterbigalow »

Does anyone know when tickets for this show will probably be released?

I'm coming from the UK to Dallas for a week beginning 28th June for a gaming convention, and I've wanted to see Weird Al for years, so I'm thinking of travelling up for this one (unless theres some Texas dates added inbetween, although that would be very lucky!). I've got three free days, as the convention starts 2nd July, so this would be perfect, if I can get plane tickets and a hotel booked of course!
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I will probably be at this one...:)
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

this is a fair, outdoor show, concert is free with admission to the fair, so its a 1st come 1st served seating
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Are you sure? Tim McGraw and Carrie Underwood are playing the amphitheatre for the summerfest, and you need to buy separate tickets for them, getting fair tickets will not allow you into the concert. Will Weird Al be different, does that mean his will be in the day/a shorter set? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm new to all this and will need to buy flights and hotel room sharpish!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

All of Al's past Summerfest shows have been outdoor general admission. In Orange County he just got upgraded to the Pacific Amphitheatre for the first time. I do hope he gets an upgrade to the Marcus Amphitheatre. I'm more likely to go if the concert is not GA.
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Aah I see, I think I assumed he'd be in the Marcus Amphitheatre as I thought all music went in there at the Summerfest, silly me! So will this still mean they'll do a full set (with encore) or cut it short as its a festival? I'll still end up going probably anyway due to the fact that I'm dying to see him live, ha!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Al's Summerfest shows also have a tendency to get rained on. Another reason I really hope it moves inside.
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Just been looking at some YouTube videos of Al's performance at Summerfest in 2007, looks like it was raining pretty badly! Fingers crossed we get lucky this year then! It also looks like they do a full set with encore too, yay! :D
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Right, just bought flights and booked a hotel for the two nights. Another question to you guys who know what you're doing: which general admission ticket should I buy to get to see Al? Theres one for $13 that gets you in at any time of the day, or one for $6 that gets you in at 12-4pm on a weekday, so I presume for that one you have to get in between those times, and then stay onsite until Al comes on if he's on later than 4, which I'm guessing he would be (unless getting this ticket means you can only stay until 4pm?!). Which one would be worth getting? Don't mind getting the $13 if thats the one I should get! Cracking price to see Al anyway!