Requests for Originals

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

SophieT
Occasional

Re: Requests for Originals

Post by SophieT »

Oh dear. Now Melanie is stuck in my head. All day at work I found myself humming this.
It's such a beautiful tune, I almost wish the lyrics matched. But then I think of a ridiculous line and I have to stifle a laugh.

Okay, I guess I'm making my request for originals one at a time.
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

Oh.....I'm listening to Jim West on a podcast right now and he just said that they were practicing Generic Blues today.

My heart started to race. That's how much I want to see it live!!!!! :whoot:

But then my heart sunk. What if they don't play it at the show I'm going to. :(

So, just hoping that if one of them happens to read this and cares, you sure would send a fan over the moon if you played it at Foxwoods on March 2 or the matinee at the Wilbur Theater in Boston, March 4.

If you guys play it, I'll feel like Lin Manuel when he shouted for you to play Yoda. Over the moon!!!!
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Dang it, I love Generic Blues too!

(I'll be in Portsmouth, Longview and Dallas this year guys)
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

SophieT wrote:Oh.....I'm listening to Jim West on a podcast right now and he just said that they were practicing Generic Blues today.
Yeah! And he also said "I think we're playing it" about Trigger Happy! :whoot: That would be awesome to hear!
Ok, I finally made a full list of originals I would really love to see live. In fact, I would love to see Al singing anything at all, or not even singing, just seeing Al will be enough to make me happy, but if I had to pick an ideal set list, it would be as follows:

Jackson Park Express
My Baby's in Love with Eddie Vedder
Albuquerque
Trigger Happy
You make me
Craigslist
CNR
WBUL or One More Minute or any song where Al is going to the audience |)
Germs
Melanie
I Remember Larry

I'm going to the USA in March for a couple of Al's shows - in Atlantic City, NJ and Lancaster, PA. So, I hope to hear at least some of my favourite songs there ^_^
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I'm guessing a polka pop medley probably won't happen this tour (wasn't that said in an interview?), but I wonder if they might do something like The North Korea Polka.
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

I can't seem to write a proper list, I just feel compelled to post when one hits me.

I've just realized that I listen to This is the Life all the time. It puts me in a good mood.
It would be so awesome, if all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he sang this.

I'd applaud until my hands were sore.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

SophieT wrote:I can't seem to write a proper list, I just feel compelled to post when one hits me.

I've just realized that I listen to This is the Life all the time. It puts me in a good mood.
It would be so awesome, if all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he sang this.

I'd applaud until my hands were sore.
I agree. This is one of those songs for me that has never been one of my favorites (Though I don't dislike it) but I think would be really fun Live. :)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

what the smurf? Dare to be Stupid tape got eaten, damn. Anyone else unable to post last few days?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Ok, so I've been listening through the albums (for the second time this year) and I'll be happy to hear any of the originals live. I really do like basically every song he's released.

But since this thread is a sort of wishing well, I figure it's worth posting my biggest hope into the ether...

I'll be attending Lexington, Louisville, Chattanooga, and Nashville. If the band is including Biggest Ball of Twine this tour, I really hope they play it at one of those shows.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Only second time this year, huh? Now I know I'm crazy.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!