Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Generic Al Blather

Post by Yankomaniac »

But only a certain percentage are die-hard and devoted fans like you see on here. It wouldn't be much fun to just hang out with someone based on their love for Weird Al if they claim they are a fan, but only have ever heard Fat, Amish Paradise, Smells Like Nirvana, White & Nerdy and Eat It. I would like to know the percentage of total people who breathe Weird Al constantly and basically live their lives that way, like us. Just about everyone who lives through music knows of Weird Al and most of them would probably say "Yeah, I'm definitely a Weird Al fan", because his music has something for everyone's ear. People who don't like him are usually people who have never heard the albums or know he plays with a real original band, they'd just assume he is a rip-off artist. Thank god those people seem to be very few and far between! Seems to me, especially these days, everyone knows and respects Al. A true music icon.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

I am learning to be a devoted fan. I have enjoyed his work over the years. I bought songs over the ears and know most of the words to "Hardware Store" It wasn't until I saw his performance of "Yoda" at A Night of Too Many Stars that made me realize his genuine talent and genius. I read other messages about fans discuss his tone; in key out of key. I will be honest y'all are a lot smarter in music and pitch than I am. As, I am clueless as to what any of that means. I joined this forum to be schooled in all that is Weird Al. I'm reading Mr. Yankovic's history and development of his art. I do plan on buying all of his albums properly at some point in time.

I do believe what struck me with the performance of "Yoda" was I have never thought that a sonogram meant to be funny could be carried out an made beautiful. Also, I love to find meaning in songs and I find "Yoda" to be a very deep song. That is the first time that I have ever heard it. I'm going back to decipher any deeper meanings to songs. I'm probably dumb for doing so and thinking WAY to deep into it but hey that's me. I'm weird.

*End ramble*
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No that's not weird, keep listening and reading! This is one band that never stops surprising you after decades of listening to them.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

My dad, for as long as I can remember, has not liked Al. Not sure why, maybe he just thought he was a kid's artist since he'd always say that I'd "outgrow him someday" and he even got annoyed when my mom bought me tickets to see Al this summer.

But today, I had "One More Minute" playing when he happened to be in the room and... it made him laugh and even say "You know, he's really not all that bad."

Now I don't expect my dad to go raid my CDs, watch UHF, or join WOWAY (I hope not) but I'd say that's a victory for today.
6/30/15
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Hurray for small victories. Please continue with your quest. Your hard work will be worth it once he sees the light.

Also, I am pleased to announce that I will have the honor of attending Mr. Yankovic's concert in August at Ruth Rckerd Hall. I'm very excited!
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

'Tis the season of high school lip dub videos...

I say it's about damn time for a certain someone's music to be the backdrop. |)

( :tacky: being the obvious choice, but I'm inclined to think :accordion: would be more fun!)
yank
Occasional

Re: Yankochick Central

Post by yank »

Yesterday I saw an article in Variety; they'd opened Tower Records for one night for a star party. Al was apparently the disk jockey! Wish I had some pics....
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
Song Dust
Occasional

Post by Song Dust »

Wooo my UHF blu-ray came in the post today!
4/10/15 ~ First concert and meeting Al! <3
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Richard Cheese's newest CD, "Live At The Mos Eisley Spaceport Cantina" has a cover of Yoda on it.
And Peggy
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I bought the Complete Al with an Amazon gift card I got for xmas. I am excited, I have not seen it. I have fallen behind on Al stuff. Darn work and wife/mom duties. I am ashamed!! :killed:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19