Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Generic Al Blather

Post by Muppetboy09 »

They say in the video that it was a breakaway sway pole, meaning that it intentionally falls on its pivot, swinging
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

mellow weasel wrote:
yank wrote:Round about this time, Al went on Circus of the Stars. He climbed a pole, high up in the air, at night. It was called a swaypole. All of a sudden, in the middle of a stunt, the top of the pole shot down to Earth. Al leapt off the thing, crashed into his trainer, knocking him down.
I strongly believe that was an intentional part of a trick. It was really impressive, I could hardly believe it's really Al the first time I watched it.

BTW, it's a bit funny you keep posting stuff that 99% of people here saw more than once as if it was breaking news :D . You're going through that exciting phase of fanhood, when there's new exciting things everywhere, like a fan equivalent of childhood : :D

I remember those days of excitedly finding out new weird al info and needing to tell everyone. But this forum has been around for quite a long time(my user name is crazygurl14- Made my account when I was 14, only reason I would possibly use the spelling gurl lol- and I am now 25. Most everyone, except newbies to here and Al fandom in general will pretty much know everything.

But glad you are such an excited new Al fan, welcome to the club! Hope you get to experience Al up close and personal. :mahalo:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I went to the Modern Family event at The Paley Center tonight. They screened an episode, and had a Q&A. One of the creators made a joke about how next season a plot will emerge based on how gay marriage is legal, but gay divorce isn't yet, guest starring Al as Mitch and Cam's divorce lawyer.
And Peggy
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

That plot may be a joke, but Phil and Luke winning tickets and backstage passes to an Al concert by being the 27th caller to a radio station? That needs to happen.
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

Wasn't sure where else to put this and I feel like there MIGHT be a bias here, but, uh... is UHF a good movie for a first date?
6/30/15
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Probably not, but it totally depends on the girl.
And Peggy
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Corey wrote:Wasn't sure where else to put this and I feel like there MIGHT be a bias here, but, uh... is UHF a good movie for a first date?
First of all, I wouldn't go to a guy's house on a first date, might be a creep. Unless of course you know each other for a long time, in which case you should know whether she likes that kind of humour.

Anyway, if I was planning to go on a date in the upcoming week and a guy suggested to see a movie, I'd suggest "Avengers" :gun:
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

mellow weasel wrote:First of all, I wouldn't go to a guy's house on a first date, might be a creep. Unless of course you know each other for a long time, in which case you should know whether she likes that kind of humour.

Anyway, if I was planning to go on a date in the upcoming week and a guy suggested to see a movie, I'd suggest "Avengers" :gun:
I'm planning that we watch it on our school's campus. My house is not currently in a state that I'd like her to see it in, haha, but yeah I think she'd enjoy it, based on her understanding of my sense of humor.

I did think about taking her to see the new Avengers since she's into Marvel, but I don't have the money at the moment.
6/30/15
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

You should go for a nice walk and just talk. I'm not a big fan of UHF despite being a rabid fan of Als.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Corey wrote:Wasn't sure where else to put this and I feel like there MIGHT be a bias here, but, uh... is UHF a good movie for a first date?
I generally don't think a movie is a good idea for a first date. A first date is about getting to know one another, which you can't do very well if you're sitting there watching a movie. Having said that, however, if you do watch UHF with her and she does like it, you should propose to her on the spot.