Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Generic Al Blather

Post by Yankomaniac »

It rules. Good choice of purchase!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

Ok let me ask a sort of stupid question. I was away for three months during Al's Australian leg of world tour. Were there any weird of funny highlights/reviews here or onstage that were written up or that you witnessed? Where would I look here, or on the internet? Or just tell me briefly here? (Was he crying in the last minute of the last song of the last gig in the last city he was in??) :foil:
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yank wrote:(Was he crying in the last minute of the last song of the last gig in the last city he was in??) :foil:
My best bet, yes. He really loves his fans and I'm sure he would hate having to leave them all behind. Al loves us all!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

Have we had the discussion yet whether anyone thinks the Stones' hit 'Shattered' sounds remarkably similar to Al's song 'Happy Birthday'?
Especially the part where Mick sings "Up up up up UUUUP!"
"Your mother's in the kitchen with a can of Cycle Four..." And is that the DOG FOOD?" :amish:
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yank wrote: "Your mother's in the kitchen with a can of Cycle Four..." And is that the DOG FOOD?" :amish:
I think he said in an Ask Al session (forgot which one) it was actually food sets for the poor...
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Cycle Four is a specific brand of dog food and Happy Birthday is a style parody of Tonio K. Its' resemblance to "Shattered" must be sheer coincidence. I don't even hear it really.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Heds wrote:
yank wrote: "Your mother's in the kitchen with a can of Cycle Four..." And is that the DOG FOOD?" :amish:
I think he said in an Ask Al session (forgot which one) it was actually food sets for the poor...
Ask Al Q&As for December, 1999 wrote:Katie Morgan of Columbia, MO asks: What is “cycle four” [as mentioned in the song “Happy Birthday”]?

It’s a kind of dog food (for older dogs, as I recall).
http://weirdal.com/archives/miscellaneous/ask-al/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

Okay, but--

"Your mother's in the kitchen with a can of Cycle Four,
There's a baby born in the ghetto. It's just another mouth to feed."
(Pause) Sha-ooby. :foil:

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

There's also 23 lines and an accordian solo in between those two lines.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

This is really sort of tangentially related but I found it kind of funny. A few days ago, one of the people I follow on Twitter referenced this book called "Pop Sonnets", in which the writer rewrites modern pop songs as Shakespeare sonnets. As I looked up the book on Amazon, I idly wondered if this was something Al might enjoy.

And lo and behold, who do I find in the editorial reviews....

Because of course. :lol:
Love and peace.