2010 WOWAY Awards nominations

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: WOWAY Awards

Post by TMBJon »

KRHbacon wrote:Wasn't I in this category?
Yes, thanks for noticing. Fixed.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Cohocat
Obsessed

Post by Cohocat »

Grom's
I, for one, am jealous of Jon and Ryan - I wish I could have a weekend holiday, but unfortunately I'm working today (Saturday) from 4 - 7. Hence, I'm going to applaud Jon's heroism in stopping WOWAY from becoming a smoking crater of hypocrisy and home to a totalitarian regime. Bravo, good sir!
for Post Of The Year.
The inner machinations of my mind is an enigma.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Anything by FredHuggins for post of the year.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

caseyk27 wrote:Anything by FredHuggins for post of the year.
I wish we could give him a lifetime achievement, but you'll have to settle on a specific post to nominate.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here's a good one from Fred Huggins:
Try asking for a Chris Brown album, he's a great influence. Or an R. Kelly album. Or a Toby Keith album. Really, any musician who does drugs, abuses women and/or glorifies war.

Then tell her you played some of HER favorite albums (Celine Dion?) backwards and heard a message telling you to quit school and devote your life to making crackpipes "good enough for the dark lord satan himself."

Al messes around with the music we've all been forcefed, thus encouraging you to think creatively, joke around, and question the status quo. THAT'S why your mother doesn't like him, because he undermines her thought-policing authority. This may seem harsh, but I feel very strongly about this - your mother is not a jerk, she is a fascist control freak, there's a difference. She sees you not as a human being with thoughts and opinions of your own, but rather an investment to be molded to her tastes. SHE IS ONLY PRETENDING TO LOVE YOU. Always remember that.

I admit I don't know the woman, but that's the only reason I can possibly imagine. Either that, or she's saving it as a Christmas gift and using THE WORST COVER EVER.
for Post of the Year
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Cohocat wrote:Grom's
I, for one, am jealous of Jon and Ryan - I wish I could have a weekend holiday, but unfortunately I'm working today (Saturday) from 4 - 7. Hence, I'm going to applaud Jon's heroism in stopping WOWAY from becoming a smoking crater of hypocrisy and home to a totalitarian regime. Bravo, good sir!
for Post Of The Year.
Seconded.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Patti, that FredHuggins post was great, but is ineligible as it was written after the November 15, 2009, deadline.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I was afraid of that. Ah, well. I am sure there are other gems.

Here is one of those gems now:
For those who feel like getting upset over missing Al on CNN.com, and there being no archive...I assure you, you missed NOTHING. Al's statement "they're out of news" was extremely accurate in more ways than one. The smiling blue-eyed pile of clothing in the rectangle next to Al's asked the same bloody stock questions about Michael, Madonna and Kurt, then asked perhaps the stupidest question of all time: "Are you Weird Al AT HOME too?" Al looked like he was in physical pain at having to dignify that collection of grunts with a "No." Even for the "professional journalist/part-time foot model" standard this woman is expected to perform at, that was stupid. Say what you will about Kevin Pollak, but at least thanks to him I LEARNED a few things about Al.

You missed NOTHING.
just to reiterate, this post is from Fred Huggins. I think it's Post of the Year material.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I second Patti's Fred Huggins post nomination(the CNN one)!
Is my dude a dweeb?