What are YOUR First World Problems?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Burger
Regular

Re: What are YOUR First World Problems?

Post by Burger »

Elvis wrote:I use pencils all the time. I only use ink when I have to sign official documents and stuff. People at work make fun of me because I'm the only reason they keep the pencils sharpener around. :lookaround:

Dave
I'm in the same club as you. I just like pencils more.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

"Too Many Cooks" won't leave my head. The song has been on constant loop for at least a week now.
And Peggy
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

My job provides employees a lot of freedom in terms of schedule, ideas, execution etc. which is nice for most of people. But I'm pathologically lazy, so this lack of control is ruining my life! I've done a month's worth of job during this whole year, and I got away with it, which sort of encourages me to continue this procrastination. The lack of accomplishment depresses me, but I'm so inert from not doing anything for so long I feel paralised. I'm considering a psychologist, but that would require going to another side of the city once in a while and I'm too lazy to do that :wacko:
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

mellow weasel wrote:My job provides employees a lot of freedom in terms of schedule, ideas, execution etc. which is nice for most of people. But I'm pathologically lazy, so this lack of control is ruining my life! I've done a month's worth of job during this whole year, and I got away with it, which sort of encourages me to continue this procrastination. The lack of accomplishment depresses me, but I'm so inert from not doing anything for so long I feel paralised. I'm considering a psychologist, but that would require going to another side of the city once in a while and I'm too lazy to do that :wacko:
have you tried the Pomodoro Technique? ;)

i'm the exact same way re: procrastination, which is terrible because I'm a freelance musician with no actual boss per se...this works really well for me; maybe it could for you/others as well?

basically you get a kitchen timer (or use your phone, but put it on airplane mode so you're not tempted to surf the internet! :p ) and set the timer for 25 minutes. Then make it a game to see how much you can accomplish in 25 minutes. No distractions, no interruptions allowed.

When the timer goes off, get up and take a break and do something physical - get up and stretch, go for a glass of water, walk outside, run down the hallway and back :p - and then challenge yourself to another 25-minute session. Repeat as many times as needed.
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

TMBJon wrote:Why in the world are you using pencils frequently enough that you have a preferred type? I don't think I've intentionally used a pencil since I took the SATs.

idk about Burger (although i do have pencil envy!), but i use pencils all the time for writing music. Lots of erasing and editing involved, so pens would quickly make it into a huge scribbled mess.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

terpsichore wrote:
TMBJon wrote:Why in the world are you using pencils frequently enough that you have a preferred type? I don't think I've intentionally used a pencil since I took the SATs.

idk about Burger (although i do have pencil envy!), but i use pencils all the time for writing music. Lots of erasing and editing involved, so pens would quickly make it into a huge scribbled mess.
When I write in my journal, I am the same way. I am mistake prone with my writing, and I prefer a pencil. Black Warrior baby!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Burger, please start a topic in GCW or Weirdslist where you post some of your journal entries.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

Well, Well, Well wrote:Burger, please start a topic in GCW or Weirdslist where you post some of your journal entries.
I'll see about doing that when my post count is high enough.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

:( smurf the post count requirement mods lets lift it.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

Well, Well, Well wrote::( smurf the post count requirement mods lets lift it.
I actually understand why you guys have it. There would be a lot more Spam/Nonsense in those forum. It's hard to drive your post count up high without spamming.