An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

WOWAY Awards Show 2015: The Show: The Ride: The Musical

Post by yankochick38 »

So here's the deal.

The WOWAY Awards will be a little different this year. If you remember the show from last time, you know that everything was released all in one night. There were also only 27 categories instead of 50-something. This time, I've decided to do a little social media campaign and do #16videos16days. I've split the WOWAY Award into 16 different chunks that include presentations, host bits, and (?!?). Starting Saturday, May 2nd at 8pm Mountain Time/10pm Eastern, I will begin with releasing the first video of the 16. On Sunday at 8pm MT/10pm ET, I'll release the second one, Monday the third one, and so on until we reach May 17th with the finale. I've decided to treat the WOWAY Awards as a webseries rather than a one night event.

The WOWAY Awards will take place in two separate threads. The main one, where all the official action takes place, will be this one. On Saturday at 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET, I will post a link to TMBJon’s tweet, where you can watch his pre-show special. At that time, the title of this topic will change to WOWAY Awards Show 2015: The Show. After Jon’s pre-show is over, I will post the first episode of the 2015 WOWAY Awards. Each night, I’ll post a new episode in this thread. Therefore, this thread is like the stage of the awards show, as if you were watching on TV. The only other activity here will be your acceptance speeches when someone wins an award. That’s right, when you win, we want to hear from you! And it is never too late to make an acceptance speech! Whether it's right after you've won the award, the next day, two weeks later after the finale, or even five years later, you are always welcome to post an acceptance speech in this thread. But only after you know you've won the award!

The second thread will be the newly-created WOWAY Awards Show 2015: Chitty-Chatty Bang! Bang!, which is where everything related to the show and pre-show will be discussed and commented on thoroughly, and where you can congratulate winners, complain about not winning awards, demand recounts, tell me I'm a miserable hunk of slime, and all that good stuff. I would prefer it if we could all stick to the Chitty-Chatty Bang! Bang! in the announcements section of the WOWAY Awards subforum rather than tweeting or going to other forms of social media; I think you'll find that tweeting won't be necessary, and this helps keep everything in one place so people in the future will be able to find everything easier.

To give you an idea of what to expect the first night (this Saturday!), I will of course be performing my hostly duties and start the show off right with a song parody. There will be two presentations included in this first chunk, and other than that, well, I guess you'll just have to watch and see what happens!! I tried my best to spread everything out evenly so that each night of the 16 days you'll get an episode of the 2015 WOWAY Awards. Some episodes include more presentations than others, but they all have good reasons for including what they do. I'm not going to spoil whose presentations happen on which nights - you'll just have to watch and find out for yourselves! ;)

Let me know if you have any questions about the show, or if there's anything I forgot to address. I'll gladly take questions in the chitty-chatty thread. Other than that, the whole point of all this is to have fun, laugh, see what everyone came up with for their presentations, find out exactly what took me so long, collect awards, and make me feel good about myself. :D Oh, also celebrate our mutual love of Weird Al, I guess. But that's secondary to ME!* The nominees are still posted in this topic, so make sure you check those out before the show. Which by the way starts THIS SATURDAY, MAY 2, at 10PM EASTERN/8PM MOUNTAIN/7PM PACIFIC. You guys sent me some pretty sweet stuff, and I'm working 24/7 to make sure the 2015 WOWAY Awards is the best it can be. Hope you all enjoy your new favorite webseries!

*jk I love Weird Al more than I love myself and you guys are great thank you
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: WOWAY Awards Show 2015: The Show?? Is it here???

Post by TMBJon »

Hey all, just a reminder:
I'll be starting my pre-show at 6:30 Pacific/9:30 Eastern tonight, on the dot.
You can check twitter.com/tmbjon at that time to find the Periscope feed URL, and I think Alicia may post the URL to my tweet here on this thread too.

Okay, hopefully I have good reception out there and it works perfectly. See you soon!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Link to the first episode might be posted ten minutes late, but it WILL be up tonight!

ETA: The video is processing. Sometimes Youtube likes to take a while with that.
-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: WOWAY Awards Show 2015: The Show: The Ride: The Musical

Post by TMBJon »

[ovation from 5 1/2 hours ago finally dies down]

Let me see if I understand the logic here...
I'm the forum nuisance, but then you also vote "everyone" vs the Jeremys as the best forum argument/debate.
I'm out on the front lines fighting these arguments and debates, and the thanks I get is to be called a forum nuisance???
Well, I'm accepting on behalf of "everyone" on this second category, too. Not like Bruce the Duck or Alinite27 will be around any time soon to collect... ;)

Thank you all so much! :great:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

-Alicia
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Wow! :ttr: :tacky: :yay: :hamsters: :yay: :D
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

*out of breath and walking with a limp from running through the audience while high-fiving everyone and then tripping Jennifer Lawrence-style right before getting on stage*

This is actually my first Best Mod win (that I'm happy to share with Alicia--congrats!) and as nerdy as it sounds, it means a lot to me. I was starting to feel like Susan friggin' Lucci. Thanks to my fellow mods and the entire WOWAY community. This place will always be my Internet home.

*ecstatically jumps in the air and then falls again from miscalculating the jump and has to be carried off the stage yet still smiling and waving to the audience*