Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by QuantumError »

Even though we are getting 8 music videos released, I truly hope that at least one of them is big-budget. I love most of the videos that have been released with the last two albums, but as long as there is one video with more serious production value put in to it, I will be content..and I kinda think I'd like to see that video be for the Iggy parody.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

quantumerror wrote:Even though we are getting 8 music videos released, I truly hope that at least one of them is big-budget. I love most of the videos that have been released with the last two albums, but as long as there is one video with more serious production value put in to it, I will be content..and I kinda think I'd like to see that video be for the Iggy parody.
Of the parodies, only a Iggy and Dragons have relatively big-budget videos. The other three are pretty simplistic I their design, which makes me optimistic that maybe more videos could be made subsequent to its release. If there is a big budget video, it will probably be for the Iggy parody.

Although, if Jack Black video is Word Crimes, that night be a big budget video just based on the cost of the cast, unless they do it for free because they're friends with Al. Not sure how that kind of thing works.

I would love it if Al did a video for Inactive and was able to get some of the Muppets to be in the video!
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Thinking again about the controversy surrounding "Blurred Lines"... Hopefully Al manages to change up the gender dynamics in his potential videos so that a "Word Crimes" video won't about three fully clothed men berating three scantily clad women for their grammar mistakes and a "Handy" video won't be about three "handy" men fixing things for three clueless women. There should be people of both genders on both the knowledgeable/skilled and clueless sides in both of those video concepts. Assuming that's the direction Al's going for with either of those.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:Thinking again about the controversy surrounding "Blurred Lines"... Hopefully Al manages to change up the gender dynamics in his potential videos so that a "Word Crimes" video won't about three fully clothed men berating three scantily clad women for their grammar mistakes and a "Handy" video won't be about three "handy" men fixing things for three clueless women. There should be people of both genders on both the knowledgeable/skilled and clueless sides in both of those video concepts. Assuming that's the direction Al's going for with either of those.
If the Jack Black video is the "Handy" one, I would expect something more akin to the show "Home Improvement," where Al thinks he's handy, but everything he tries to fix ends up a disaster.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Looks like TruScribe is working on a video for the new album.

Another clue to our project with Weird Al Yankovic. But we really really can't say more than that.
A lot of people have been wondering when I’m going to release the lead single for “Mandatory Fun.” Well, here’s the thing… there IS no “lead single” for my new album. I’ll be releasing 12 “singles” all at once on July 15 – so you can decide for YOURSELF which songs are the hits!

By the way, I’ll have 8 – that’s right, 8 – brand new music videos… and I’ll be world-premiering one every single day for eight days straight, starting on July 14!
Get excited!!!
https://www.facebook.com/TruScribeVideos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to my buddy Todd for pointing this out!

Dave
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

A whiteboard animation probably fits best with what we're speculating for "Mission Statement"--some kind of satire of corporate jargon and whatnot. Have to say I'm pumped for this video (whatever it's for.) Absolutely love this style.

Also, Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" video is animated in a very simple style (not whiteboard, but still) and that's a band that's been thrown around a lot for a style parody and specifically for this song.

Does anyone know of an official video for any song that uses this whiteboard style? I know it's a stretch, but it could be a clue to the style of the song.
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

How is posting Al's Facebook post announcing the 8 videos, 8 days concept "another clue"? :think:
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

They're probably insinuating that it's for a music video on Mandatory Fun.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

From TrueScribe's point of view, all they said initially that was that they were working with Al. The post about videos would be their of letting people know that their project with Al is going to be a video. So while it's not another clue for us, it's another clue about their latest project to their own set of fans.

That's my take on it, anyway.
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

True, true. I was hoping there was a way to read into it further :lol:
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!