Florida chasing

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Florida chasing

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Okay, I got vacation approved. Is anybody else planning to chase Al to all (or most of) the Florida dates?
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: Florida chasing

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, going to all of em...love the Florida Al shows. They've always been some of his best. Especially at the Florida Theatre and the King Center. It will be even nicer to have my friends from Minn down here, as well. Should definitely be an exciting time!
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I'm just doing 2 shows...Im flying down from Minnesota to meet up with my friend Monica and we're gonna hit up Jacksonville and Orlando. Based on budget and how much time Im able to get off work, this is all I can pull off. But it will be a blast! Cant wait to see ya all down there!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Thinking about it. I don't know if I'd go to all 5, maybe hit 2 or 3. Guess I should try and decide soon, so I can get in on tickets with one or all of you guys, so I won't be sitting all alone in the last row. :lol: Being able to hang out with you guys ups the chance I'll go! :)

Dave
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Ah, wow...even more friends, possibly, for Florida Chasing! It would be great to do that, Dave...
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Wow, you all must be able to handle the horrible muggy heat better than I am--years ago I swore off ever going to Florida again in the summer time. But, the concerts all look to be indoors, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you only go outside to get from air-conditioned hotel to air-conditioned vehicle to air-conditioned concert. :D :onfire:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I figure it's the perfect state to spend a week wearing hawaiian shirts and capris in. And linen. Linen is my friend. I don't care if I'm wrinkled.

Or if my clothes are.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, I usually prefer going during cooler times. It'll be fine though. Just have to stay hydrated at Universal...the rest of the time I'll be in AC.
Amigone9012

Post by Amigone9012 »

I will be trying to hit at least 2 of the FL shows this tour :) last time I saw Al here in FL was back in 2004 on the poodle hat tour at the house of blues Orlando. It was a amazing show and I can't wait to see him again!! Which of the 4 venues does everybody think will be best to get like a meet and greet with Al and the band? I know hard rock live will be the hardest xD I just saw the goo goo dolls there and I only got a meet and greet because I had a armband ;) anyways can't wait for the Re:'s and can't wait to make new Al friends!!! L8er

-Amigone9012-
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I would say that the Florida Theatre or King Center shows would be the easiest.