9/3/10 Cleveland, OH TWC Amphitheatre at Tower City

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

9/3/10 Cleveland, OH TWC Amphitheatre at Tower City

Post by Alinite27 »

Plan on making it to this show. This will be the day after performing at Ohio State for our opening college football game. So, we should have Friday off and I'll be able to make it up for this. Cleveland is a great city. I believe this is located near the lake, so that should provide a nice background. And it's another OH show...as close to home as I will get, since Al never looks to come back to WV after failed crowds here in the Running With Scissors tour. So, really enjoy the "hometown" OH concerts...
smbbyz73
Occasional

Re: 9/3/10 Cleveland, OH TWC Amphitheatre at Tower City

Post by smbbyz73 »

YAY!!!!!
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

That is a Friday. Cleveland is within my reach. I get Isaac that day too. Maybe he will see his first Weird Al concert!!

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

most likely ill go
Scott
Occasional

Post by Scott »

I'm thinking about heading out to Cleveland from upstate NY to attend this show (since it doesn't look he'll be scheduling a stop in Albany this time around). Has anyone been to this venue before (for any concert, not just Al)? Is it a good place to see a show?

Thanks.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Just got two tickets for my cousin and I...Section A, Row C, Seats 9 & 10...which should be 3rd row in front of Jim. Can't wait for the show, glad we could find a concert to attend together!
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

I have 5 seats in Sec. A, Row E! 5 rows back is not too bad for having that many seats together! Even though ticketmaster is a bit more than the presale, I prefer to know where my seats are when I'm spending that much money! I'm happy!!!

~Susie
Kristi Ohlervic
Occasional

Post by Kristi Ohlervic »

I'll be attending this one! I have friends in the area who will be taking their daughter to her first Weid Al concert. Exciting stuff!
OopsieDaisy
Occasional

Post by OopsieDaisy »

It's a fine venue. Just fine. I don't mean that in a good way. It's a passable venue. For all intents and purposes, it's a tent over a parking lot. (Identical to the departed Chevrolet Amphitheatre in Pittsburgh - except there's no train track RIGHT NEXT to the tent)

No really.

A tent that seats 2,000 or so, but usually they only fill half the venue with seats (folding chairs) and the other half is open with tables. Since this show will be taking place during the "Taste of Cleveland", there will be a lot of non-Al fans in attendance (btw, the Taste of Cleveland has great food. Come hungry.). Also, it may be "near" the lake since it's in Cleveland, but it's really right on the Cuyahoga river. There's usually ships / tugs / etc going by during the show. Luckily, since the show is in September, there shouldn't be the usual summer smell of the river.

Now, I say all this with love as I am a Clevelander. And I'll be at this show.

The pros of the venue: Parking is a breeze. There's a mall (Tower City) right there with plenty of CHEAP options for food before the show if you're so inclined.
Cons: It's a tent on a (was originally) parking lot. The acoustics are crap. Since it's right on the river, there's a good possibility of river smell, barge noises, etc. Getting IN / OUT of the parking lot close to the venue is a bear if you don't know where you're going. (Used to be really easy until they closed the Eagle St bridge... bah!)
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Received my ticket today. Can't wait for the show...will be my first in Cleveland. After being very close a few times, but numerous things popping up.