7/23/10 Melbourne, FL King Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: 7/23/10 Melbourne, FL King Center

Post by scottidog »

So, how was the concert? I bet it was great!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: 7/23/10 Melbourne, FL King Center

Post by Alinite27 »

Spent the first part of the day finishing up our time in Orlando. Anna and I spent time at the parks all 3 days. We drove on to Melbourne around 2:30. Ate at Perkins once at Melbourne, went and found our hotel, and then got to the venue right before doors open.

They didn't actually open the doors to the "theatre" until 7:30. While we were waiting out by the doors, Steve walked out and we talked for a little bit. He thanked me for my help with his mom at the Hard Rock and for my comments. When he was heading back into the theatre, we told him we were listening to his music heading to the theatre. He asked which song, and we told him Can't Wait Long. He then told us the sweetest story about how the song came about and how much it meant to him. We said that it had a similar meaning for us. He then left, and looked forward to seeing him after the show.

Show was great. Anna and I were able to sit together because Helen had left and went somewhere else, where Nancy had upgraded her ticket. They couldn't get that other ticket sold...which was great for us. Really enjoyed watching a show together, although, it would have been nice to be a little closer...7th row wasn't that bad. Anna didn't get any Lovr attention here, unfortunately. Al asked for requests at the Let Me Be Your Hog segment, and I was the first to yell Let Me Be Your Hog...Al starts looking, and I just continuously yell it...Al then says, "Well, since this guys so insistent on Let Me Be Your Hog, and we're going to play it anyway...we'll take it". Haha, very fun show...

Aftershow was weird, though...as once Al met with the pass people they were all out of there. Ruben came out for a few minutes and sold a few CDs. Not much else to note with the aftershow...it kinda upset Anna and I because there were only 20 people out...and we thought for sure that Al would do one here...Oh well...

Polka-Raton's experience made up for it...