8/1/10 Sacramento, CA California State Fair

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

jerAL
Obsessed

Re: 8/1/10 Sacramento, CA California State Fair

Post by jerAL »

Yup, I got mine some time ago. You may want to poke them or something.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Well, I just checked my original confirmation email, and it says "You will be emailed when your order is shipped." I haven't gotten any other emails from them, so I don't think it has shipped yet, and the show is nine days away.

When I typed in my problem at their website, I got a "The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error, please contact the website administrator" message.

Anyone else having problems like this with PAID?
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I had to call when my tickets were still not here less than two weeks away. I suggest calling. They told me the exact day my tickets were sent.
Is my dude a dweeb?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Turns out I was worrying over nothing (which I've been doing a lot these days). PAID did indeed screw up the shipping of my tickets, but they sent me an email - WITHOUT me having to complain to them first - saying the tickets will be at Will Call, and I'm getting a refund for the shipping charge.

These guys are already ten times better than Artist Arena. At least.
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

Glad that worked out for you. Only a couple of days and I am really looking forward to it!
schultkl

Post by schultkl »

My blog post on the concert sequence of songs: http://schultkl.blogspot.com/2010/08/we ... state.html

The blog post includes formatted HTML. Invision Power Board seems to munge up all the HTML x_x

Dawn and I were at the California State Fair on Sunday to see Weird Al. We sat in Section C, Row U, Seats 10 and 11 around 7:00 p.m. with plenty of kettle corn. Plenty of shade under the screens, above. The place filled up completely by showtime. Not sure if Weird Al came out after the show or not.

Below is a rough capture of what happened. The song list and sequence is accurate, but the bits in between, especially the television appearances which fly fast and furious, are not reliable.

1. Intro--Fun Zone (song)

2. Live action video sequence on tri-screen

3. Latest polka montage, featuring: Poker Face by Lady Gaga; Womanizer by Britney Spears; Right Round by Flo Rida; Day N' Night by Kid Cudi; Need You Now by Lady Antebellum; Baby by Justin Bieber; So What by Pink; I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry; Fireflies by Owl City; Blame It by Jamie Foxx; Replay by Iyaz; Down by Jay Sean; Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz; Tick Tock by Ke$ha (link)

4. You Make Me, from Even Worse

5. Weird Al announces they have reached the half-way point of the show and it is now the time for the drum solo (drummer strikes single note)

6. Good Old Days, from Even Worse

7. Eminem interview from Weird Al TV; Simpsons Weird Al reference

8. Smells Like Nirvana from Off The Deep End (Kurt Kobain wig, black short-sleeved tee with yellow stripes over white long-sleeved tee; song video playing on tri-screen; two cheerleaders in black outfits with red poms upstage; gargles water and throws rest of water in cup on front rows)

9. Robert Plant interview from Weird Al TV, followed by various Weird Al appearances on television, followed by Mariah Carey interview on Weird Al TV, followed by Naked Gun Weird Al reference.

10. Skipper Dan, from Internet Leaks

11. Jessica Simpson interview on Weird Al TV

12. You're Pitiful exclusive online single (Al starts with black coat and pants and rips off sequence of clothing: removing black coat reveals gold sequin shirt; removing gold sequin shirt reveals white tee with "I *Heart* Bacon"; removing accordion tee reveals yellow Atlantic Records Still Sucks tee; removing Atlantic Records Still Sucks tee reveals white Spongebob Squarepants tee; removing black pants reveals pink tutu over white boxers with red hearts)

13. UHF "Wheel Of Fish" segment; Madonna interview from Weird Al TV; various other television Weird Al references (for example, Transformers cartoon)

14. Dare To Be Stupid, from Dare To Be Stupid

15. Flintstones video on the tri-screen, followed by Johnny Carson, followed by CNR intro

16. CNR, from Internet Leaks.

17. Interlude where Weird Al relates story of how he asked his tour agent before the tour to give him one show at a state fair over a moat; "Some dreams do come true." He then gives an extended, overwrought introduction to the next song about one man's need to be a hog.

18. "Let Me Be Your Hog", from "UHF – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff".

19. Canadian Idiot from Straight Outta Lynwood (maple leaf screensaver video and nuclear explosion on tri-screen at end of song; exploding streamers into crowd timed with bomb)

20. Avril Lavigne interview from Weird Al TV; Alanis Morissette "Ironic" video with Weird Al; "Germs And You" informational video.

21. Wanna B Ur Lovr from Poodle Hat (red suit with black and white tie; Al went into the crowd and up and down the aisles)

22. Beverly Hillbillies preview video

23. Begins song medley:

1. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies*, from "UHF – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff".

2. Whatever You Like, from Internet Leaks.

3. I'm In Love Wit Da Skipper exclusive Straight Outta Lynwood live medley song (puts on white hat with red shirt; Gilligan video on tri-screen)

4. Confessions Part III from Straight Outta Lynwood (instead of singing normal lyrics "Oh, and sometimes in private, really like to dress up like Shirley Temple and spank myself with a hockey stick (hockey stick)" he substitutes Sarah Palin's name)

5. eBay from Poodle Hat

6. Bedrock Anthem from Alapalooza (Flintstones video on tri-screen)

7. Another One Rides The Bus, from "Weird Al" Yankovic

8. Ode To A Superhero from Poodle Hat (plays accordion and harmonica)

9. Trapped In The Drive-Thru from Straight Outta Lynwood (song video animation on tri-screen)

10. Gump from Bad Hair Day (Forrest Gump on tri-screen)

11. Eat It from In 3-D (puts on red jacket)

24. Devil Walks Among Us bit on the video screen; Michael Stipe interview from Weird Al TV; various other television appearances

25. Craigslist from Internet Leaks.

26. Snoop Dogg interview from Weird Al TV (sets up "We All Have Cell Phones" bit later on)

27. Amish Paradise from Bad Hair Day (song video costumes; video on tri-screen)

28. Celine Dion interview from Weird Al TV

29. White & Nerdy from Straight Outta Lynwood (enters on Segway, black hoodie with "White & Nerdy" in red letters, silver sparkly chain)

30. "Be Nice To Your Teeth" informational video. Madonna interview from Weird Al TV

31. Fat from Even Worse (black fat suit with red belts, grommets, silver chains; says Ho! Ho! Ho! and stage manager comes out wearing a Santa Claus outfit, with a hoe; Weird Al punches him in the face and the stage manager exits)

32. Encore: We All Have Cell Phones, So C'Mon Let's Get Real exclusive live single from Weird Al TV interview with Michael Stipe

33. The Saga Begins from Running With Scissors (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea intro; storm troopers and Darth Vadar on stage; robes outfit from video)

34. Yoda from Dare To Be Stupid (Darth Vadar theme followed by the Adams Family intro; bubble screensaver video on tri-screen; Yoda Chant half-way through, then finishes with white confetti explosion)

Show lasted from 8:00-10:30 (started right on schedule)

Great show. Two confetti explosions; no Al Bucks (no It's All About the Pentiums Baby); no Radio, Radio.

Songs by album:

Internet Leaks: 4
Straight Outta Lynwood: 4
Poodle Hat: 3
Even Worse: 3
UHF – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff: 2
Dare To Be Stupid: 2
Bad Hair Day: 2
Running With Scissors: 1
Alapalooza: 1
"Weird Al" Yankovic: 1
In 3-D: 1
Off The Deep End: 1
Unreleased songs: 2
Total songs: 27
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

schultkl wrote: Total songs: 27
:good:
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

I waited around for a while afterward, and Al did NOT come out for a meet-and-greet. Oh well, maybe next year...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Has he ever done it at a fair or big festival?
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

The only one I've seen is the time we gave him the 1000th show gifts. We had backstage passes for that.

It sure was great to hear You Make Me live. Gosh I love that little ditty.