7/2/10 Kettering, OH Fraze Pavilion For The Performing Arts

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

bigdawg72987
Regular

Re: 7/2/10 Kettering, OH Fraze Pavilion For The Performing Arts

Post by bigdawg72987 »

I agree, I don't like it either. I am guessing they blocked off the front sections and assign the tickets by the time the orders were placed. At least I hope.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

As much as I disliked Artist Arena, I think I dislike this even more. At least with Artist Arena, you could tell where you were sitting. I just plunked down $130 to hope I can sit somewhere in the first 20 rows with "most" of the tickets being in Sections B and C. I'm wondering if I should have just waited until the general onsale date, though I'm hoping the fact that the ticket was more expensive will guarantee me a better seat than I could have gotten through Ticketmaster. I guess I'll give this a chance and see where I end up, but I hope they change it in the future.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Just bought 1 ticket through the Weird Al Presale for this show.

Definitely understand your concerns, considering I was one of the most vocal, about PAID. But everything I've read, heard, and discovered from other fans of artists that cover them..these people really are pretty good. So, we can only hope.
DevinTheArtist

Post by DevinTheArtist »

Hey guys,

It feels like decades since I've posted here, as it's been more of a hassle to keep up with my forums rather than it actually be fun. Last time I posted was in 2008, prior to the Columbus LC Pavilion show. Well, now I'm in college, living in Kettering, Ohio... Yes, I did jump up in class and scream "No way!!" when I found out about this concert!

This venue is about 5 minutes away from my apartment, but I haven't been here long to know too much about it. I'm just trying to get caught up with everyone, see who's going, as I wasn't able to find someone who wanted to go with me. But they're all just a bunch of party poopers... haha.

I purchased a ticket this morning (was a little weary of the presale) for Section B, Row CC, Seat 7. I'm ecstatic, last time I had lawn seats which were surprisingly good. But it's always fun being close to the stage, especially when it's Al... ;) I'm also interested in the meet and greet, how that goes about, etc. I'm a big follower of the Barenaked Ladies, in which they do them very often, but I'm sure all bands are different. I'd love to get a chance to meet him, as I'm sure everyone here would agree with.

Hope to hear back from everyone, so far from what you all have been posting, sounds like it's going to be a good show! Take care!
bigdawg72987
Regular

Post by bigdawg72987 »

About the meet and greet...

I was at the Kettering show last time he was there. The extent of the meet and greet was we all lined up out back and got to shuffle through while AL sat on the steps of the tour bus. He would not pose for any pictures but would sign things. I hope for the best this time around, it has been too long since I saw AL in concert.
Timnis

Re: 7/2/10 Kettering, OH Fraze Pavilion For The Performing A

Post by Timnis »

I went to this show last year, was great! We sat in the front row, Al got in my dads face during Albuquerque. :whoot: What a show!
Got my tickets for this year. I am in the very front again! Can't wait!
Jedizim

Post by Jedizim »

I am going to this show on friday and can't wait!! This will be the 5th time I have seen him, and every time it is great. I got tickets the minute they went on sale (no presale) and I got 3rd row dead center seats 1 and 2, so it will definitely be the best seats I have had. I live about 5 minutes from the venue, so I love it when he comes real close to home. I saw the show at the Fraze a few years ago and was in the 3rd row then as well, but off to one side. Should be a great show, see you all there!
Timnis

Post by Timnis »

I will be right in front of Jim West in the front row. Don't remember exact seats though...Will update tomorrow on what I am wearing.
Jedizim

Post by Jedizim »

Right around 7 hours til showtime!! Been playing all my mp3's on random for the past couple days...ready to go!!
Timnis

Post by Timnis »

See ya all there! Will be either in sometype of Weird Al shirt somewhere in seats 5-8 in front of Jim.