06/29/10 Milwaukee WI, Summerfest

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

fred27
Obsessed

Re: 06/29/10 Milwaukee WI, Summerfest

Post by fred27 »

im gettin there early and stake out my seat which means sitting thru ALL music acts no matter how bad, last time i didnt prepare myself for rain, this time i will along with camera rain gear, he usually on when it gets dark, 8p ish and the last act for that stage, usually fireworks also during the show
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Bah, I would be able to buy a Summerfest admission ticket if both summerfest.com and ticketmaster.com were not only allowing US customers to buy one! Even for e-mail tickets! I want to have one before June 29th so I know I can get in before flying out from the UK! Anybody know a way around this?!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

as far as i know there really is no point in buying a ticket in advance since this will not be at the amphitheatre, especially if ticketmaster has their typical huge fees. if you are coming, you can pay upon entrance. i'll probably be at this one, depending on how many good acts there are on the other nights. summerfest has gotten pretty shitty though lately.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Im adding this one as a sure thing. I will be there! :)
misterbigalow

Post by misterbigalow »

Well, Well, Well wrote:as far as i know there really is no point in buying a ticket in advance since this will not be at the amphitheatre, especially if ticketmaster has their typical huge fees. if you are coming, you can pay upon entrance. i'll probably be at this one, depending on how many good acts there are on the other nights. summerfest has gotten pretty shitty though lately.
Thats brill, thanks for letting me know!

Can't wait, should be ace (even if it rains!)
GKarRacer

Post by GKarRacer »

I went to Al's last concert at Summerfest so I can add some detail. It was a full concert and not a short show. Ben Folds played the keyboard for one song. HIs last concert there was at 10pm (also during the week) and it was held at the largest open stage. And it was absolutely packed! It, of course, rained constantly throughout the show, but nobody seemed to mind. It was a fantastic show despite a technical glitch about half way through. It was one of the best Weird Al concerts I have ever been to. The crowd was great and really into it. This one is a must for me.

I would once again expect this show to be in the late evening. Last time it was the last show of the night. Judging from the crowd, there is no way it will be held during the day. Al is too big! I only went to Summerfest for the one day. Most acts' shows were only about half filled (even at the smaller stages). Al was a big exception to that.
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

he waits til it gets dark enough to see the screens
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

I'd like to reiterate that his last Summerfest show was fairly awesome, if just for the surprise performance by Al and Ben.

Typical families with little kids made it a bit of a pain waiting in the front row all day. Very painful, actually.

It's been two summerfests in a row with rain for Al. We'll see if he can make it three...I'll likely be here for this one.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

well it's either this or cypress hill...
taste is only something if it is yours.
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I have attended Al's shows at Summerfest for the last 3 tours. Each show has been incredibly fun and a great experience. Can't wait to go again.