6/25/10 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: 6/25/10 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre

Post by HappyGilmore »

Took the day off work. Switched shifts, actually, so I don't lose hours. Boss wouldn't let me have the day, and the hours overlapped with the show. Worth it in this case.
robaustin

Post by robaustin »

What's the setup outside the theater like? Any chance of meeting Al after the show? Where's the best place to wait if so?

--*Rob
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

From my recollection of the 2000 show, the tour buses were just out in the parking lot outside the theater where everyone else parked. Hard to exaggerate the intimacy of this place. If you are really dedicated to meeting Al, I can't imagine you would come up short at this venue.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The side doors you go out after the show leads you into an alley, which is also where the stage door is. After one show I walked out next to the band. Right behind the place is a parking lot where the buses are parked next to regular cars, just like Jon said. To the right is usually where the equipment truck is parked, so just cross the lot quickly and stand next to the bank so you are out of the way. One time the bus had pulled up to the back of the building and security eventually formed a line heading past the bus, last time the bus was further up the lot and we all hung out along the wall until it was time for security to form us in a line by the bus. But to answer your question, most likely you will get to see him afterwards. But they do have a 7 hour trip afterwards, so it depends where they are staying, if they are leaving right away they might not stay, if they are staying in Philly, they will probably stay.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

minnick27 wrote:The side doors you go out after the show leads you into an alley, which is also where the stage door is. After one show I walked out next to the band. Right behind the place is a parking lot where the buses are parked next to regular cars, just like Jon said. To the right is usually where the equipment truck is parked, so just cross the lot quickly and stand next to the bank so you are out of the way. One time the bus had pulled up to the back of the building and security eventually formed a line heading past the bus, last time the bus was further up the lot and we all hung out along the wall until it was time for security to form us in a line by the bus. But to answer your question, most likely you will get to see him afterwards. But they do have a 7 hour trip afterwards, so it depends where they are staying, if they are leaving right away they might not stay, if they are staying in Philly, they will probably stay.
Is the place a nice theater/venue? I've never been there yet, and I don't know the exact spot I'm sitting (my friend got the tickets, they were around $60 or so), so it'll be interesting.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

It's a standard theater. Not really all that modern, pretty average size, but there's not a bad seat that I can think of. Everyone who works there is friendly. It's kind of got that small-town neighborhood, everyone-knows-everyone feel to it. I like it, I've seen Al there a few times, and I've gone back to see other shows besides Al there too.

Dave
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

It really *is* in a small town neighborhood. Southeast PA in da howwwzz! Reppin TWO ONE FIVE what whaaat!! :pentiums:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Word from the SIX ONE ZERO!

I like it because you see the gang walking around the town before the show
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Wow, what is there to see in Glenside exactly? Arcadia University?
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Don't forget the Won Institute, where you can let acupuncture students hone their skills on your bod. Oh, and there's a Rita's Water Ice in Glenside, too.

I absolutely love this theatre, and as Dave mentioned earlier, the staff is very friendly. I've been to quite a few concerts here, it's always a great experience.
TMBJon wrote:Wow, what is there to see in Glenside exactly? Arcadia University?