6/25/10 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Re: 6/25/10 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

These days, the ticket-buying experience can get very frustrating! Many venues set aside a certain number of seats that they hope will be bought as season tickets. They also set aside some tickets for radio station giveaways and other promotions. Then they allot a certain number of seats for the fan club presales. Then the venue has their own presale, as well! It's hard to know which presale will have the best seats available. Sometimes, a few weeks before the concert, a venue will release premium seats that were not sold to season ticketholders or used in promotions.

In 2008, Artist Arena was able to tell you exactly which seats you were purchasing. However, They were not necessarily the best seats in the house. I bought directly from the venue in 2008 and got as good or better seats than Artist Arena was offering, and I got them in my hands one week after purchasing them.

The venue presale for the concert in Gilford, NH started this morning. Out of curiousity, I looked to see what was available. They had some pretty nice seats within the first 15 rows for sale. Maybe the same thing could happen with the Keswick...
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

NHWeirdAlFan wrote:These days, the ticket-buying experience can get very frustrating!
Agreed! How did all this venue presale, and fan club presale, and presale presale stuff ever get so popular? Life was so much simpler and fairer when everyone selling tickets started at the same time and had one pool of tickets to pull from. First come first served, not all this carving out blocks of tickets for different sellers bullsmurf.
The venue presale for the concert in Gilford, NH started this morning. Out of curiousity, I looked to see what was available. They had some pretty nice seats within the first 15 rows for sale. Maybe the same thing could happen with the Keswick...
Yeah, I'm going to keep an eye on the venue tickets. If they're "as good or better" than the PAID presale, I may just go that route on further ticket purchases. No point in going for the presale if the venue can offer the same deal and tell you where you're sitting. Also Weirdal.com says the premium (non-VIP) tickets are sold out already (yikes, gotta act fast!), yet they're still selling VIP tickets, so I guess it's not really first come first served after all, and I'm sitting behind all the VIP people somewhere in row 11-15. Meh.

Dave
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

More premium seats added. Starting at row 18
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Just bought a ticket for this show, through the venue's system.

Ended up with Row 4 center, albeit behind the pit...so Row 7 center. GREAT seats! Very happy with that...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Yep, looks like ordering through the venue was the way to go. Ah well, now I know. Like Jeremy said, they have row 7 center section seats. Ticketmaster has row 5 but in the left section. VIP seats probably are better than row 5 or 7, but could be as worse as row 10. You've got a 40-60% chance of being better, 10% chance of being as good, and 30-50% chance of being worse. And let's face it, between now and June, 3 1/2 months, all the VIP seats will be gone, so premium presale seats will start in row 11.

So, unless you want to gamble $70 per ticket for a 40-60% chance, venue is the the way to go.

Dave
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I will be here. Very excited to finally see a show here. Dave! Cant wait to finally meet ya! I'm sure we'll see each other at some point during my east coast adventure. :)
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Just got my first ticket in the mail for all this upcoming goodness. It was for this Glenside, PA show. Can't believe that all of this is only a couple months from now!
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Ditto! Hopefully this means mine will arrive soon too!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Anyone without tickets 102.9 will be giving tickets away this weekend. Yes I bought mine, but I will still be listening and trying as well.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Got my tickets for this show. My first Al show. I can't wait til the day arrives.

Anyone who's seen him, how's he live? Closest I've seen was his live dvd, but that's like, ten years old.