6/16/10 Rehoboth Beach, DE Rehoboth Beach Convention Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

jbracciante
Addicted

Re: 6/16/10 Rehoboth Beach, DE Rehoboth Beach Convention Cen

Post by jbracciante »

It looks like I have to choose between this show and Holmdel. I think I'm gonna skip this one because of the drive and the fact i can't really swing $100. I'd rather not be in section D since the place doesn't look very sloped, I'd probably have more than a few heads in my view.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Its the same distance to Baltimore, and you made that trip two years ago. Just sayin
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, James...it'd be a shame not to see you there brother.

Great to know that I'll be sitting next to two of my friends for the first show of the tour.

Also, great to hear about how nice Rehoboth Beach is. So, Grotto's is the best place to eat there? What were your picks Dave(YMM)? Cool to hear about the access to the beach, and the amusement park. Wondering about the best parking, though, may just be dropped off since Mom decided not to make this show due to the high price tag.

Also, just added up the amount of seats w/ the 8 person sponsor tables, and it fits 916 in the convention center. Definitely seems like a good first test-run. I've seen the disappearing moustache at Akron, OH in '04. Haven't seen Pentiums dancers tho...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I wouldnt say Grottos is the best, its the most prevelant. I used to eat there everyday due to a 50% discount. And like I said, not much in the way of rides, lots of games and stores.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Which other shows are you going to Mike? I know I'll see Jeremy at at least 4 other shows, and Dave at at least 2. I'm trying to factor how many woway faces I'll see per show, If your not gonna be at the other ones, maybe I'll sell my dust collector (wii) and spring for a $100 ticket.
You Make Me
Occasional

Post by You Make Me »

Alinite27 wrote:Yeah, James...it'd be a shame not to see you there brother.

Great to know that I'll be sitting next to two of my friends for the first show of the tour.

Also, great to hear about how nice Rehoboth Beach is. So, Grotto's is the best place to eat there? What were your picks Dave(YMM)? Cool to hear about the access to the beach, and the amusement park. Wondering about the best parking, though, may just be dropped off since Mom decided not to make this show due to the high price tag.

Also, just added up the amount of seats w/ the 8 person sponsor tables, and it fits 916 in the convention center. Definitely seems like a good first test-run. I've seen the disappearing moustache at Akron, OH in '04. Haven't seen Pentiums dancers tho...
There are better places than Grotto's in my opinion. They are the most famous though. Being from Jersey I'm spoiled with some of the best pizza on earth. I would recommend this place: http://www.nicolapizza.com/ It's within walking distance and they're famous for their strombolis. After a while I end up craving them.

If you want Fish and Chips, there's Go Fish. http://www.gofishdelaware.com/

Also, there is an ice cream stand on Rehoboth Ave. at the very end on the right just before the ocean if you're going toward the beach. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. They literally have hundreds of flavors. Your head will spin.

There's also Thrasher's French Fries on Rehoboth Ave for great fries.

If you're willing to drive a little bit, you must go here if you're there early enough: http://www.fracturedprune.com/location_rehoboth.php

Finally if you want some really good BBQ and are willing to drive a little bit, this place rules: http://www.bethanyblues.com/ The Lewes location on Route 1 is closer to Rehoboth.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

jbracciante wrote:Which other shows are you going to Mike? I know I'll see Jeremy at at least 4 other shows, and Dave at at least 2. I'm trying to factor how many woway faces I'll see per show, If your not gonna be at the other ones, maybe I'll sell my dust collector (wii) and spring for a $100 ticket.
I'll be at Atlantic city, reading and the Keswick, so I'm sure we will meet up.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Cool, I'll be at all 3 of those shows.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Thanks for the information, Dave. Will definitely try some of those when we get to Rehoboth. Definitely looks very good...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Got my ticket today!! Strangely they wrote Weird Al on the envelope, so I thought they mixed up my tickets with his ;)