4/9/04 Fox Cities Performing Arts Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I gotta ask... did this show even happen?
This means something. This is important.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It probably did, since the article was posted about an hour ago, and it said that attempts to contact Al failed...so he probably didn't know till the end of the show.

I'm sure a few upcoming dates will be cancelled.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

No offense to the upcoming concert goers, but I hope Al takes atleast a week off. But who knows. AL might continue to do the shows as a way for him to feel better.......
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

If Al does cancel shows, it's definitely understandable. He's probably not in a "weird, crazy guy" state of mind right now.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

anthontherun @ Apr 9 2004, 09:35 PM wrote: It probably did, since the article was posted about an hour ago, and it said that attempts to contact Al failed...so he probably didn't know till the end of the show.

If family members were there, surely they knew how to reach Al. It says they were found at 1 pm Pacific time. How could he have not known by show time?

Scottidog,
still hoping this isn't true.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

scottidog @ Apr 9 2004, 09:45 PM wrote:
anthontherun @ Apr 9 2004, 09:35 PM wrote: It probably did, since the article was posted about an hour ago, and it said that attempts to contact Al failed...so he probably didn't know till the end of the show.

If family members were there, surely they knew how to reach Al. It says they were found at 1 pm Pacific time. How could he have not known by show time?

Scottidog,
still hoping this isn't true.
Same here. I'm keeping my hopes up till Bermuda officially tells us.
In hiding since 2010
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

anthontherun @ Apr 10 2004, 05:35 AM wrote: It probably did, since the article was posted about an hour ago, and it said that attempts to contact Al failed...so he probably didn't know till the end of the show.
When it said that attempts to contact Al failed, that meant that attempts by newspaper reporters to contact him failed. It doesn't mean that his family couldn't reach him.

I am just appalled by this news.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Apr 9 2004, 10:14 PM wrote:
anthontherun @ Apr 10 2004, 05:35 AM wrote: It probably did, since the article was posted about an hour ago, and it said that attempts to contact Al failed...so he probably didn't know till the end of the show.
When it said that attempts to contact Al failed, that meant that attempts by newspaper reporters to contact him failed. It doesn't mean that his family couldn't reach him.

I am just appalled by this news.
Well yeah. I know that. Was anyone planning on going to this concert? If so, did you go and see it, or was it cancelled?
In hiding since 2010
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

I don't know whether this means anything or not, but in the live performances archives, the April 9th show is not (yet?) listed. You'd think if Bermuda bothered to update the FAQ, he might have made other small updates such as this as well.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Apr 10 2004, 01:14 AM wrote: When it said that attempts to contact Al failed, that meant that attempts by newspaper reporters to contact him failed.
Then again, it probably didn't help that they didn't even contact the correct agency. <_<

The site they mentioned doesn't even spell his name correctly!
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;