4/10/04 Mankato, Mn Concert

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

3 more weeks!!! :D
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
Alberta_27
Regular

Post by Alberta_27 »

I will be going to the Al concert in mankato. I am happy to say I have third row center seats :) Im hoping Al will come down during one of his songs so I could touch him :D
Some people are just born human. The rest of us, we take a lifetime to get there
airline_amanda
Occasional

Post by airline_amanda »

Whoohoo! We don't have very long to wait now! I checked recently on Ticketmaster what was left for say 1 or 2 people and it's like nosebleeds in the back corner...not the best! Waytogo guys! It's practically a sold out venue! :D

well, i'm probably overstating, but it's reeeaaalllly big and some of my friends were surprised to see how full the venue is! :D

i don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be at buffalo wild wings, or some bar/restaurant close to the Civic, to celebrate my birthday! (three days prior to the show) I can't wait! :D
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Alberta_27 @ Mar 22 2004, 02:40 AM wrote: I will be going to the Al concert in mankato. I am happy to say I have third row center seats :) Im hoping Al will come down during one of his songs so I could touch him :D
Well, Al goes into the audience a couple times. Well, he only went in once during OMM at the MN state fair, but I hear he goes into the audience during WBUL too! :)

I'm going to try and find the tour buses after the show and see if I can get lucky enough to meet Al. That would be sooo crazy! It'll probably be a 1-2 hour wait, but worth every minute! :whoot:
airline_amanda
Occasional

Post by airline_amanda »

I'm just hoping that the weather gets better...it's reeeaaaallllyyy cold in Moorhead this week...this minnesota 'spring' is a little too brisk... :oo >:S we had snow this morning!!
A_A
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Really? I dont think it's been that cold. Though, the snow up here is almost gone. And I've got something called Lake Superior practically in my backyard!
Alberta_27
Regular

Post by Alberta_27 »

Only 3 more days till the Al concert in Mankato!! Im so excited :lol:
Is anyone going to hand out Weird al star badge stickers? I am going to be. :P
Some people are just born human. The rest of us, we take a lifetime to get there
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I might. :)

Or, I could walk around the venue for a while and tape signs for the star fund on people foreheads! :P
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Yank27 @ Apr 8 2004, 07:07 AM wrote: Or, I could walk around the venue for a while and tape signs for the star fund on people foreheads! :P
Works for me. Don't use thumbtacks, though. It's bad PR.

[Public-service announcement for weirdalstar.com]Anybody who would like to pass out stickers at an upcoming concert, contact me a few days in advance so I can mail you some.[/public-service announcement]
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Alberta_27
Regular

Post by Alberta_27 »

Only 9 more hours till the concert! I am really excited, can't you tell :D :Y