4/10/04 Mankato, Mn Concert

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I can't wait to see my pics either! (Havent got them developed yet)
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Oh yeah, I just skimmed through my post, and noticed an error on my part. This line in my review: "Al didn’t wear his hair in a ponytail like he did in WAY Live. Instead, he wore it back like in the Pentiums music video." was wrote wrong. I didnt wear his hair like in the Pentiums video during Dog Eat Dog. It was just a ponytail. I've edited that part. Sorry about that, my bad!
airline_amanda
Occasional

Post by airline_amanda »

Wow, Jared, good review, I agree about the opener...Also, I hope those pics of WBUL turned out...I was one of the lucky girls in the front row that got a lot of attention from Al... :D I just sent my 3 rolls in today, so Thursday I'll have them in my hands and hopefully up soon after...I hope they turn out! Oh, I just have to say that everything about Al posing for pics is true--he stopped many times right in front of me, or sang to me so I could get incredible pics...I doubt I was even 4 or 5 feet away from him...He's such a groovy guy... :whoot: :Y luv ya Al!!

A_A
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Awsome Amanda! I really hope your pics turned out good too! I ran out of pics once I took the pic of him holding the accordion up in the air, so I really want some pics of after the Medley. I only took 3 WBUL pics, one I remember taking when he was coming down the steps (I tried to not take too many at a time because I was working with only one 24 exp. roll of film). I should have taken a OMM pic when he was RIGHT THERE, but I didnt. Too bad too because when he was behind me, the spotlight hit him just right to where it would have made an awsome pic! I know I got a pic of when he said "Kill Them" during Horoscopes. (red evil looking face!)

Notice he wore the same shirt as at the Fair! I love that shirt!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Thanks Yank27. I don't know how you overcame your AIH and stayed so focused, but I'm glad you did.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

AIH. Call me stupid, but what does that mean?

:^)

I've been around here long enough to where I SHOULD know, but I don't. X*
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al Induced Haze.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

A common affliction around here, only attainable in its purest form by being at an AL concert. Trust me, you WANT it. Bad.

:9~ - me in a full-blown AIH

btw, I read an article on another Al site about the comedian that opened for Al that night, and how the show was affected by what happened to Al. A very interesting read.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
airline_amanda
Occasional

Post by airline_amanda »

When Al was singing to me WBUL, I was totally in a AIH :wub: --I said to myself: if he sang to me, I'd shake his hand...did I? :baah: nooope...totally in awe :9~ ....AIH...all the way!!!

Hey MJ--Could you link that article too? Or tell me where to find it?

Gracias..A_A
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Al's opening act in Mankato, Holly Henson had some nice comments about the show.
Holly wrote: "There was an air of sadness backstage that you could feel and cut with a knife. Yet in front of the house, he'd made 2,000 people laugh. I suppose performing was a form of escape -- a two-hour break from extreme mental turmoil. He probably needed the audience that night more than they needed him.

"It took amazing courage to go onstage that night; it was amazing to watch."

found at
This means something. This is important.