Polka Face!

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: New Polka 2010

Post by HappyGilmore »

FredHuggins wrote:Okay, I just tried listening to all those songs on YouTube, and literally the only one I liked was "Fireflies." Is there something wrong with me, or with the rest of the world?
I honestly can't answer that question. I quite liked a few of them, notably: Poker Face by Gaga, So What by Pink, Fireflies by Owl City and Blame It by Jamie Foxx.

I honestly don't know a Kesha song, so I'm a have to look em up.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

You haven't heard a Ke$ha song?

You are very, very fortunate.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I like Ke$ha. She's just trying to have fun, you know?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

Her songs are certainly catchy. It just seams that about every song on mainstream radio has lyrics about 'having fun'. There's hardly any uniqueness or at the very least meaningfulness left in popular music today.

Though I may be hypocritical in this thought cause I actually enjoy Lady Gaga songs, and she's just as bad with the over usage of the same warn out song themes. At least she's more of an actual writer of music than Ke$ha.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:Courtesy of Jeremy (Alinite27):
Songs in the polka, "Polka Face", are as follows in this order: "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga, "Womanizer" by Britney Spears, "Right Round" by Flo Rida, "Day N' Nite" by Kid Cudi, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum, "Baby" by Justin Bieber, "So What" by Pink, "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry, "Fireflies" by Owl City, "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx, "Replay" by IYAZ, "Down" by Jay Sean, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, "Tick Tock" by KE$HA, and a reprise of "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga.
wow...I gotta say that sounds like he hit that polka medley out of the park...incidentally, I'm currently YouTubing "Need You Now" and "Break Your Heart" (they are the only two songs I wasn't familiar with...it seems at least every polka medley has to contain at least one) but still those are some pretty solid song choices...what else to say at a time like this except...

I (and several others on this board) CALLED IT!!!!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Funny enough, "Need You Now" is my mom's favorite song from this year.

I like the choices. Can't wait to actually hear it live!
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Killingsworth wrote:I (and several others on this board) CALLED IT!!!!
...and a few others, it seems.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

oddaustin wrote:You haven't heard a Ke$ha song?

You are very, very fortunate.
It's a bit unbelieveable, really. I listen to pop radio but manage to avoid some people.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

JEDM wrote:
TMBJon wrote:The one glaring omission on this list is Taylor Swift. Wonder if she turned the idea down?
It's possible he couldn't get into contact with her. I think she was touring for quite some time during the first part of this year and last year.
Hey, maybe Taylor Swift and a few other artists might actually show up in the album version of this polka...if "45" and "Alternative" were any indication, maybe he couldn't get permission from some of these artists and the concert polka may be a bit different from the one he recorded...I don't really see Taylor turning down Al for permission if he asked her...she seems to have a sense of humor about herself...again, it is possible he might be saving her for a parody or an AL TV interview at the very least...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the final list either
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?