Polka Face!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: New Polka 2010

Post by TMBJon »

Another song that's DEFINITELY missing from this list - Sean Paul "Fire Burning." Would fit in perfectly with what he's going for here. Surprised he overlooked that.

Somebody call 9 1 1...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I am now wondering if we should think Al has recorded this polka already, as I assumed last night, or if the recent theory that he is developing a medley to eventually record as he last did in Polkas On 45. I have to lean toward already recorded if he's calling it Polkaface. This is the first time you could really make a case that Al is promoting a polka as his big new material. If he has it recorded, he could release the polka on iTunes at any time and it could be his summer release. In other words, getting some mileage out of the Lady Gaga thing while she's hot.
If the polka medley is as good as I'm imagining it in my head based on the song choices, he would be wise to release it as a summer single. It'd probably sell a lot of concert tickets too.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm going with he already recorded it.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Two band members have said there will be a new album by next years tour. Not that we havent guessed that
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Right right, but either way he has three songs left to record. I'm assuming that's three parodies.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

You never know. Back in 1991, he performed "Polka Your Eyes Out" live at Dr. Demento's 20th Anniversary Special on Comedy Central, intact with no discernible differences from the album version, a full three months before recording that album version in the studio. And a full YEAR before recording it, he performed a mutant version of it meshed with "Polkas on 45" on FOX's Comic Strip Live (an episode which apparently had Victoria Jackson AND Bill Hicks in it. So THAT'S why the universe exploded that year - matter met anti-matter. But I digress.)

If I were to guess, though, I'd say he HAS recorded Polka Face (better get used to calling it that, right?) along with a parody and two originals we haven't heard yet - and WON'T hear until the album comes out. Polka Face is Al's token "tour premiere." A wise choice, since it's not THAT huge a spoiler - technically none of the lyrics within it are "unreleased."

But yeah, I agree that Al should release it digitally ahead of time to promote the tour (as long as it's all been legally approved, of course). But then, I also think the O.C. Fair is missing out on a huge pile of money by not digitally releasing "The Brain Song"...

Let me know when Al starts playing the Polka Face "video" (sped-up original videos, you know the drill) behind him.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Ok, last night was the first time the video played behind him. The night before it was on either side of the stage
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Any interesting imagery of note? What played on the screens during Craigslist, Skipper Dan, and Polkaface?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Polkaface as the video as always, dont really remember the others
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

So wait a minute...you mean he can do "Polka Face" but he can't do "Crazy Cow Therapist"? :P

Interesting that he chose to bookend it with the same song. Does he do the same part both times or a different portion/lyrics at the start and end?