Face to Face with "Weird Al" Yankovic on The Nerdist Channel

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Re: Face to Face with "Weird Al" Yankovic on The Nerdist Cha

Post by Mystik Tomato »

The main problem with the Denzel one was that none of his answers were odd enough. The concept works much better when Al is the straight man, odd as it may seem.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah I agree.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I was kinda wondering it this would be a REAL interview show leadfing up to today. But i knew if that were the fact there would probably only be no body celebs that no one cared about. But once i saw Denny Washington i knew that this basically is the new AL-TV which is actually quite exciting. Cant wait to see what else it yet to come...
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I just watched this for the first time today. This wasn't quite what I was expecting (I never really imagined Al branching out from just musician interviews) but it was still just as funny and entertaining as his vintage interviews. Good to see Al return to form here! Can't wait for more!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hey, Al's allowed to branch out, right? He lives in Hollywood, fercryinoutloud! I didn't even think about the fact that he strayed from interviewing musicians. I'm just glad he's doing the interviews again.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Great to see the interviews back. Think it's safe to say that they will be used on the summer shows. I thought they seemed a little forced this time, than in the past, but I'm sure they will grow on me.

Thought that the abs shot may have been John Morrison's. Just from being a wrestling fan, so I've seen them a lot. Similar style. Plus, that funny or die video was shot a few weeks ago.

Anyway, can't wait for the next Face-To-Face!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Alinite27 wrote:Thought that the abs shot may have been John Morrison's. Just from being a wrestling fan, so I've seen them a lot. Similar style. Plus, that funny or die video was shot a few weeks ago.
I actually thought it might just be Al wearing fake prosthetic abs. Anyway, in case anyone'e interested, here's the original Megan Fox interview. It kind of takes some of the humor out of Al's version seeing how it wasn't really that far off. Still, I knew exactly what photo she was referring to even seeing Al's version first and his "vampire/child" bit was particularly inspired.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Face to Face with "Weird Al" Yankovic on The Nerdist Channel

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I finally got around to watching this. It was great to see more interviews. It doesn't bother me that Al's not exclusively interviewing musicians this time around. As long as the interviews are good, I'm happy. I thought these ones were decent. They both had some funny moments, though they did both seem to drag on a bit this time. I'm really glad Al is doing this, and I'm excited for the next set of interviews.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

algonacchick wrote:Very short interview with Al about Face to Face:

I mean really short!

I love the photo!
At the bottom of that interview, there is a link to the full interview, although there is nothing we haven't heard before.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:I actually thought it might just be Al wearing fake prosthetic abs. Anyway, in case anyone'e interested, here's the original Megan Fox interview. It kind of takes some of the humor out of Al's version seeing how it wasn't really that far off. Still, I knew exactly what photo she was referring to even seeing Al's version first and his "vampire/child" bit was particularly inspired.
That was very insightful, even though you're not Patrice O'Neal and/or Tony Goldmark.